Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2009, 04:49 AM
MVP
F@H

Default Quick price compare

Whenever I'm reading the threads I love to check out prices on people's rigs. Rather than opening up new tabs/windows and switching back and forth an idea popped into my head.

Under the site navigation header, we could put a text box and button that hooks into the price compare search. Enter the product you want, click "GO!" or similarly cool labelled button and a new window pops up with your search term loaded into the price compare system.

This way whenever you're reading up on new things in the forum you can type it in, take a peek at the product, close the window and move on.

I know I can have the price compare window open in advance (which I do), so please don't recommend I do that....

What does everyone think?

C2Q Blue
Gigabyte EP45-UD3p | Q8400 @ 2.66ghz | Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w. Scythe | Mushkin Redline PC2-8000 5-5-5-15-2T @ 400mhz |
BFG GTX 295 | 1.32TB WD HDDs | Corsair HX 620 W | Antec 900 | Acer 20" LCD
Old June 9, 2009, 07:46 AM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cipher View Post
Whenever I'm reading the threads I love to check out prices on people's rigs. Rather than opening up new tabs/windows and switching back and forth an idea popped into my head.

Under the site navigation header, we could put a text box and button that hooks into the price compare search. Enter the product you want, click "GO!" or similarly cool labelled button and a new window pops up with your search term loaded into the price compare system.

This way whenever you're reading up on new things in the forum you can type it in, take a peek at the product, close the window and move on.

I know I can have the price compare window open in advance (which I do), so please don't recommend I do that....

What does everyone think?
It's not that it's a bad idea but our Price Compare info is provided by a 3rd party site and as such we don't have much control over how we can utilize the data. We will try and come up with some alternatives in the future.