Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7, 2009, 02:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default FS title changes

Ummm...is there a specific reason why we can't change/alter the titles of our FS threads?....it seems to me to be a pain in the butt to PM a mod simply to make a change to our titles. Many of us make price changes or like to add items to the same the thread instead of starting a new one but without being able to change the title many viewers will just pass it by figuring it is the same ole same ole.

It would be a very helpful addition to the function of the FS forum not to mention saving time for the mods in having to do our changes for us.....just my opinion.

Old June 7, 2009, 02:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It's worth having this discussion so that we're all on the same page, and understand why things are done the way they're done..... :)

My own personal opinion is to leave things as is for an extra safety feature in the buy/sell threads. Requiring a Mod to come in and change the thread title prevents somebody from advertising one thing, mailing out something different, and then going in to change the title to reflect what was actually sent. It's not a big thing, but AFAIC, every little thing we can do makes the chances of being ripped off a little bit smaller.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 7, 2009, 03:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I can't say I disagree with the thinking to a degree, but as much as I understand it, its too bad that the trust factor has been reduced too all members due to a few bad situations by others. I personally still don't care much for it only because I feel it undermines the majority of DAM good people here on HWC. That being said, I am all for any and all steps that protect us all from being ripped off by those who decide it is better to screw someone over rather than deal honestly.

Also, just a thought, maybe there should be a section that shows the mods who are online so people know who to contact at the time they want to make a change.

Now...Steve?...could you please add "Price Drop" to my i7 ram thread?

Last edited by kruzn4evr; June 7, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old June 7, 2009, 03:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
Well, I can't say I disagree with the thinking to a degree, but as much as I understand it, its too bad that the trust factor has been reduced too all members due to a few bad situations by others. I personally still don't care much for it only because I feel it undermines the majority of DAM good people here on HWC. That being said, I am all for any and all steps that protect us all from being ripped off by those who decide it is better to screw someone over rather than deal honestly.

Now...Steve?...could you please add "Price Drop" to my i7 ram thread?
Remember this policy has been in effect since the beginning of the BS/WTB section, so it was never a policy that was adopted because of a few bad members/deals.
Old June 7, 2009, 03:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I understand that, I guess I was just wondering if maybe there was a better or alternative solution. Also, just a thought, maybe there should be a section that shows the mods who are online so people know who to contact at the time they want to make a change instead of trying to figure it out.

PS...thanks for the change

Old June 7, 2009, 03:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I understand that, I guess I was just wondering if maybe there was a better or alternative solution. Also, just a thought, maybe there should be a section that shows the mods who are online so people know who to contact at the time they want to make a change instead of trying to figure it out.
If you want to know what Mods are online just click the "Forum Leaders" link or "View Who's Online". Or and IMO this is the better option click report post , that way the Mods get a e-mail notifcation, so even if we are not on site we will get your request.
Old June 7, 2009, 04:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ahhhh...ok, silly me!...I guess I never even payed attention to the "report post"...Thanks for clearing that part up....I'll shut up now

Old June 7, 2009, 04:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ummm...ok, feeling "slow" now...where is the "Forums Leaders" link?

Old June 7, 2009, 04:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Ahhhh...ok, silly me!...I guess I never even payed attention to the "report post"...Thanks for clearing that part up....I'll shut up now
Heh... no need for that.... :)

It's important for members to bring these kinds of suggestions to us so that we can either look at changing things, or (as in this case) explain the reason why things are the way they are.

Not all suggestions can be implemented, but please be assured that HWC staff do read them and consider if the suggestion is something that can be done, or if there is a valid reason why we'd rather not.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 7, 2009, 04:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Ummm...ok, feeling "slow" now...where is the "Forums Leaders" link?
Good question... I don't have a clue myself..... :)