Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26, 2009, 04:59 PM
Allstar

I like the new layout. Also like the overflow change on hover, very smart way of handling that!

I really dislike the new logo though. It looks extremely generic, whereas the old one had a more unique style to it. The old one was more easily recognizable. Not trying to complain, just pointing out my preference for the old logo, since you did ask for our opinions.
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro
Old May 26, 2009, 05:08 PM
MVP
F@H

looks good on seamonkey and just looks good

Old May 26, 2009, 05:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, I'll have to agree with S_G and Enab on this one. It sort of looks too generic, and I find that the old one was better.
Old May 26, 2009, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I like the new layout as well. It uses space much more efficiently. However, I too think that the top banner needs a change. It's just too vanilla looking and needs to be remade to look a little more spunky. Perhaps make the links more like buttons integrated into the circuitry area?

Overall I do like it though.

EDIT: Oh, and the Price Compare site needs a quick HTML fix for the links in the banner.
Old May 26, 2009, 05:25 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I actually don't think the Review Roundup scroll bar as implemented is a good idea. It looks like the roundup ends with cooling reviews. If you know there is a hidden scroll bar, then its fine, but new visitors will not know other reviews (ie. Power Supplies) are listed.

I don't know if it should scroll slowly automatically. Too much movement and such can be tacky so i don't know how I feel about using an automatic scroll here instead. Perhaps a small, skinny scroll bar to indicate more info below?

Otherwise, I like the layout. Very clean. I agree the new font in the banner is a little generic though, but does look sharp. The darker background looks good too, as someone else mentioned.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 26, 2009, 05:32 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Yes. I am.
I like the idea. We will work on implementing it in the next couple weeks.
Old May 26, 2009, 05:34 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Overall, I think the new layout looks very good; it's a easier to read.
Xigmatek Dark Knight

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
2 x 2 GB Corsair XMS2 1066C5
2 x WD 640 GB Raid 0 + WD 1 TB
Haf 922 / Antec Signature 850
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old May 26, 2009, 05:37 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
I actually don't think the Review Roundup scroll bar as implemented is a good idea. It looks like the roundup ends with cooling reviews. If you know there is a hidden scroll bar, then its fine, but new visitors will not know other reviews (ie. Power Supplies) are listed.
You correct. We have a light grey "down arrow" to indicate there is more but it doesn't seem to display properly on your browser and come to think of it. I think we didn't like how it was working either but didn't get around to fixing it.

We will tweak it a bit and see if we can improve it.
Old May 26, 2009, 05:38 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
However, I too think that the top banner needs a change. It's just too vanilla looking and needs to be remade to look a little more spunky. Perhaps make the links more like buttons integrated into the circuitry area?
We've really been struggling with the banner/header and just can't come up with anything we like.

If there are any graphic designers or anyone that come come up with a good mockup for a replacement we welcome it.
Old May 26, 2009, 05:55 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Typo in "Proccesors". Main Page. Should be Processors.

"Video Cards" charts incorrectly linked. Main page. Should be Video Card Benchmarks - HardwareCanucks Charts. Not http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/charts/gpu.php