Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17, 2009, 11:16 PM
HaDeS

Arrow Banning Members Who aren't respectful to other members

Seriously... He is in short bullying other members and lord knows what he PM's people. Everyone else on here is super nice to each other and if someone gets outta line they normally make amends quickly from what I've noticed.

You hear about these problems in the news every day.... i say be done with it and set precedence. I have a few choice words I'd like to say to this guys face but I'll bite my tongue on this one.....
Old April 17, 2009, 11:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

3.0Charlie has already given him a warning. That will be good enough. You can put him on your ignore list if you want.
Old April 17, 2009, 11:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yo

What your doing is inappropriate you should know better

most of us knows that John has given him one more chance, but i think his gone

Forum rules:
(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS. This site is provided to you for free, and you are free to disagree with other posters but mutual respect of fellow forum members is expected.

And with this attack post, we might be hurting his feelings
How would you feel i started a post about you
Old April 18, 2009, 02:45 AM
HaDeS

I reckon my post wasn't childish what so ever... it's the truth of the matter. I've read his posts in the past and some others more recently and quite frankly it's nonsense to allow any registered user to treat other members the way he has. There shouldn't BE any more chances is my point... he was warned more than once from what I've seen.... and my mind has spoken. I won't go into details here as to what sparked this thread only to point out his personal attacks on members is total bullshit. GOOD BYE TO BAD GARBAGE is the only thing any mod here should even be considering.... hell he hasn't even offered any kind of appology surely that says enough about his character yeh? BTW it never hurts a site to cut fat from the herd... It simply makes the point that rules will be enforced.

If a non flaming post such as mine qualifies as rule breaking so be it.... someone has to say something in my humble opinion.
Old April 18, 2009, 05:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I understand your point, and will admit that you tried to be civil in making it, but these kinds of things are better dealt with behind the scenes rather than posting in public. If there is a problem with a poster, please use the exclaimation point icon in the upper right hand bar of each post to report the post and a mod will have a look. (Much better than a thread to report issues as the "report a post" sends out an e-mail to staff which we'll see no matter where we're surfing at the time... :) ).

As far as bans go...

My personal policy has always been to only use banning as the absolute final solution when no other methods have achieved the "attitude adjustment" we're looking for, aside from spambots, I can count the # of bans I've handed out in two years on one hand. I've spent some time on websites where the mods used the mod-stick at the blink of an eye and wouldn't want HWC to go that route as (IMO) it's usually counter-productive WRT the desired effect. We have mods here who are for the most part very active so hopefully we catch the majority of these things before they blow up too badly.

As to the original intent of the post.... has there been another issue with this poster other than the original thread? If so, please report the post and a mod will have a look at it and take appropriate action. In the case of the first thread, the gentleman in question has been "spoken to" by two different mods, and the offending thread was closed to prevent it from getting any worse.

I'm going to change this thread title to remove the posters name as I don't feel that singling out an individual poster in such a way conforms to the "spirit" of our rules even if it wasn't your intent to "flame" the poster.

Regards

Steve

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 18, 2009, 06:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Always remember this. Internet bullies are the very same people that were stuffed in lockers and abused their whole lives themselves. The internet gives them a safe place to be a bully since they do not have to face the people they torment. I always find it best to just ignore them and if that doesn't work then the ignore list can atleast prevent you from seeing their posts.
Old April 18, 2009, 08:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Always remember this. Internet bullies are the very same people that were stuffed in lockers and abused their whole lives themselves. The internet gives them a safe place to be a bully since they do not have to face the people they torment. I always find it best to just ignore them and if that doesn't work then the ignore list can atleast prevent you from seeing their posts.
i agree and i don't know who where talking about so i think it's like walking down the street treat people the same way you would then. most human beings should not have a problem with that
Old April 18, 2009, 09:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

lol i thought were not using names......?
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old April 18, 2009, 09:53 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

You can't use names in thread titles.

~tries to baffle them on a technicality he just made up~
Old April 18, 2009, 09:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
You can't use names in thread titles.