Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   sort out Buynsell buy region? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/13492-sort-out-buynsell-buy-region.html)

Shadowmeph January 4, 2009 12:18 PM

sort out Buynsell buy region?

I was just thinking that it would be kind of helpful if it was possible to sort out the Buynsell part of the forums buy region. What I mean is have a west coast MidCanada and east coast sub sections under the buynsell Forum. it isn't a big deal but it would sure ( for me anyways) save me some time when I am looking through the Buynsell area, I search though it and see some thing that I like but then find out that the part I see if on the other side of the Country

mailaw January 6, 2009 05:49 AM

It is true i prefer to buy from people on my side of the country as well and although not always will usually only but from someone in my area. It'd be some work but it would be useful. Good idea Shadow.

Soparik2 January 6, 2009 06:11 AM

but what if other ppl want to buy or sell or trade with other ppl from the other side
i mean if i only search in the eastern sub section i would never know whats on the west or midcanada section

BrianHanna January 6, 2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soparik2 (Post 135134)
but what if other ppl want to buy or sell or trade with other ppl from the other side
i mean if i only search in the eastern sub section i would never know whats on the west or midcanada section

you see, theres this thing, where you check them all anyways, and PM.

bojangles January 6, 2009 10:22 AM

Leave it as it is. This is getting too complicated. All you have to do is look at the Location they're in on the top right corner of their post. Simple as that, and besides, HWC doesn't have enough BST to implement Region. Heck, even RFD doesn't do it.

chrisk January 6, 2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bojangles (Post 135204)
Leave it as it is. This is getting too complicated. All you have to do is look at the Location they're in on the top right corner of their post. Simple as that, and besides, HWC doesn't have enough BST to implement Region. Heck, even RFD doesn't do it.

I agree to leave it as it is. Perhaps if we just start posting in the B/S threads our location it will become common practice. Also, it would be helpful if we all just started putting our location in our profile so that people know our location by default. Ie. you can clearly see that I am in Ontario by looking at the top right of my post.

thenewguy001 January 6, 2009 01:59 PM

unnecessary, although I would like to see the location field as mandatory for all B&S posters

Cadence January 6, 2009 08:06 PM

+1 on the unmadatory side. like everyone else says
1) we have location in our names
2) seller should post location
3)i don't think any of us mind paying or splitting shipping here cause of the prices people post, good prices i have to say.

mailaw January 9, 2009 06:54 AM

Ok i've got it - just like in the thread title we have the indicators that show if WTB, WTS, WTT - ect. IF there was a spot that went at the end of the line and just should area in Canada - West - Central and East - and just have like a single letter represent each of the those so small simple and convenient.

Jon_di2 January 9, 2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewguy001 (Post 135263)
unnecessary, although I would like to see the location field as mandatory for all B&S posters

agreed!:clap: