Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   Could we have a Contest Category? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/12510-could-we-have-contest-category.html)

Dashock December 4, 2008 07:18 PM

Could we have a Contest Category?

Hey i know yeall are making a lot of changes, I dont know if this is one of them.....I wonder since there are a lot of contests out there if we could have one centralized category called Contests. This way people dont miss out on these freebies in a way and we can put all kinds of contests up there. Cheers!

We need more for the fight.

Jon_di2 December 5, 2008 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dashock (Post 122092)
I wonder since there are a lot of contests out there if we could have one centralized category called Contests. This way people dont miss out on these freebies in a way and we can put all kinds of contests up there.

I think we should do the opposite, and hide the contests, put them in a random section and thread when they happen, so that only the people who actually look around the whole site on a regular basis find them :whistle:

Eagle Eye December 5, 2008 01:43 PM

LMAO Jon say registered members with a minimum of 500 post or more :ph34r:

...jokes :whistle:

Alwaysrun December 5, 2008 04:06 PM

I started a thread awhile back where I posted every computer related contest I found. No interest it seemed so I stopped sharing. I enter about 40 contests every month and haven't won a thing...ever, but I sure do get a ton of e-mails now. (I feel the love) :blarg:

b1lk1 December 5, 2008 05:11 PM

No contest should ever have a minimum post limit.

Dashock December 5, 2008 06:52 PM

I try to post up a contest every now and then and the only place i can find for it is off topic i just think it would be better if had a single place for them.

sswilson December 6, 2008 10:18 AM

Not quite completely on topic, but I've noticed lately that some of the more recent contests and/or on-line quickie tests (like the harper IQ one) require a person to have a text enabled cell phone to get the entry code. I even ran into this last night with the most recent MSN Live client (not for me, it's for my son) where it didn't appear to have an option to install it without one.

This to me is a disturbing trend as it not only cuts out those of us who don't own cellphones, but it also costs money for text these days doesn't it?

Dashock December 6, 2008 10:27 AM

Ohh yea i have seen some of those i posted up a Rogers contest. Its for Rogers customers only i only have my cell with them, they do require you to post your number for verification but they do not send any verification to your phone at all. The whole contest is done thru the computer. Some tele shows use the cell phone texts they charge yea a dollar per text. Usual text cost 15 cents if you do not have a text plan. Another way for them to make money.

sswilson December 6, 2008 10:34 AM

The IQ one was even more disturbing because it had a default=on checkbox authorizing them to send SMS advertising to you. I guess this is their backdoor attempt at getting permission to spam peoples' cellphones.

Dashock December 6, 2008 10:42 AM

lol late at night theres a tv show where you win money by solving hangman like puzzles by sending them a message thru a dedicated number again they charge you a dollar. I found the concept hilarious.