Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   Still having problems logging in. (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/11864-still-having-problems-logging.html)

Kilauea November 16, 2008 02:38 PM

Still having problems logging in.

Hello,

I still can't log in with Opera web browser and with Firefox, I can log in but only after I clear private data. Is there a possibility to fix that to make it more convenient to log on to the forum. I find that is a drawback for me to actually post things on the forum. I do check them, read them... but as a guest because its so troublesome to use otherwise.

Thank you for your time,
Hopefully that can be useful for someone else.

encorp November 16, 2008 03:05 PM

I had trouble a lot too; only at work though; not here at home. So I'm not sure what settings are causing it. But when I cleared my cache etc at home it seemed to fix.

Is there anyway the mods can inform us of what changes where made so we can possibly look into it from our end and see what settings are causing the problems?

thenewguy001 November 28, 2008 07:13 PM

I'm having problems getting the server to remember me. I'm asked for a log in every time even though I check the "remember me" box. Only started happening within the last couple of days

Babrbarossa November 28, 2008 07:26 PM

I've brought this to Gav's attention.

kirk_d November 28, 2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewguy001 (Post 119226)
I'm having problems getting the server to remember me. I'm asked for a log in every time even though I check the "remember me" box. Only started happening within the last couple of days

That happened to me today to!

Lpfan4ever November 28, 2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewguy001 (Post 119226)

Happening here as well. though FF was hating me.

Gav November 28, 2008 09:25 PM

Sorry everyone, we are still working on this.

For people that are having a problem logging in; Unfortunately, when we make a change to try and fix the problem you WILL have to delete your cookies.

When it's finally fixed you won't have to delete your cookies every time.:blarg:

Infiniti November 28, 2008 09:29 PM

If people can't login from home, why don't you just delete your cookies once and when you log in, tick the box that says "Remember Me". It makes things a lot easier. In fact, I never knew of this problem until recently when CCleaner cleaned my cookies.. :ph34r:

NyteOwl November 28, 2008 09:35 PM

Looks like it's endemic. It won't remember my log in either the last few days.

Gav November 28, 2008 09:48 PM

Ok, everyone probably just got logged out but hopefully it should be fixed now. If any issues, clear your cookies for a final time and you should be good to go.:whistle: