Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16, 2008, 03:24 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Sure we will have competitions in the future but we don't plan on changing the sweepstakes.
Old November 16, 2008, 04:05 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
I like the way HWC does its prize sweepstakes just fine. Better than NCIX where you have to spend more to get more chances.

I really don't think people here abuse the user ratings with forum posts to gain more entries into the sweepstakes but I think some may with regards to the Folding tags and extra entries you get for contributing to distributed computing.

Personally I'd love to see a regular contest to get more people into folding. It wouldn't even have to be hardware but could be a shiny new HWC coffee cup or a new fangled HWC T-Shirt or case badge. But thats not to dismiss the possibility of say EVGA wanting to raffle off a nice 280 GTX to the folding Canucks
I agree completely, well said...

Old November 16, 2008, 04:11 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

+1 for the folding idea...find the cure, get a free mug!
Fold for team #54196
Old November 16, 2008, 04:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Actually, there are A LOT of laws that stipulate how and why you can have competitions or give products away. The laws vary from province to province and are most strict in Quebec. It's why there are "skill" testing questions on a lot of stupid competitions because in some cases they are restricted from giving a product away so they require the skill testing question to make it a contest.

I like our present sweepstakes a lot because I just don't have the time to compete in anything and enjoy getting credit just for being apart of the community to the degree that I am.
I wonder - if some people FAIL to answer the skill testing question.....that must really suck
Old November 16, 2008, 10:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
I wonder - if some people FAIL to answer the skill testing question.....that must really suck
Failing to answer? or Failing to get it right? Either way they must be really stupid