Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16, 2008, 11:41 AM
MVP
F@H

I think if you have like 50+ posts you gain access to the B/S/T forum. simple as that. it will help get rid of a lot of the clutter.

Also instead of saying "next person in this thread to threadcrap gets a ban" make it so each person has an amount, 3 posts sounds good.

I agree that people who askk a ridiculous price almost want it but look at it this way. It is their item, if they don't want to sell it for a reasonable price then it won't sell. so there really is no reason to tell them in the thread (much better to kindly drop them a PM and if they want they will change their prices.

it is their item.

Anyhow those are my 2 favorite new rules. and think they would be the most effective.

As for donation threads, people should be forced to have a "D" or something before the thread like "LF" "WTB" "WTS" "WTT" ect.
Old November 16, 2008, 11:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I do think that the FS/FT/WTB forum is kind of a mess right now. Lots of threads are popping up and sometimes people forget to put proper things into their titles, such as FS/FT/WTB. I really like the idea of splitting it into two different sections. Also, to help get rid of the cluster, maybe let people edit their titles so they don't have to make new threads so often. I think threadcrapping I think is gonna happen no matter what, because some people cannot resist the urge to point something out that they don't like.
Most of the ideas I've thought of are already posted here, but lets hope that we can get this up and running in better shape than it is.

/OT
I also think the part about the donations thing was about me (and even if it wasn't i want to explain it anyways), because I wanted to build a rig for my friend. I honestly just wanted parts advice since I don't know a whole lot about the newer hardware (Using old S939 stuff still). I was just very lucky that Misterlarry saw it and he wanted to help myself and my friend along. There has been communication between himself and my parents, so it's not as if I'm some random guy just looking to score some parts. Anyways, I just felt like I needed to get that off my chest.
Old November 16, 2008, 01:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Here's an example of what works on other forums, and you can probably tell where I got it from:

I think something like that could be implemented...if not, then perhaps we can only split it into FS&FT/WTB (Trade and Sale together, WTB separately). We do not need to split it into different kinds of hardware. That would make it completely inefficient.

wrt lpfan4ever: It could very well have been you. All I'm saying is that donations can seem very greedy at times, especially when it's not about the OP, but their friend, etc. This goes for everyone. This is not meant to offend anyone at all, it's just an opinion.
Old November 17, 2008, 06:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Thread crapping: I think the OPs are looking for it when asking ridiculous prices. But it's not a reason for other members to jump on him. I've had over 60 replies in my own FS thread, and not a single negative reply.

Now, I agree with the OP that the FS forum should be divided into FS/FT and WTB sub-forums.
Well it all depends on what the user's status is, since lots of people know you they can't give you negative comments, imagine a FS thread for a guy who just joined Rookie, people will be flooding him with prices are too high, yada yada!!..

And more lately.. the mods are doing their best job they can, and I'm not ranting about this, I would just like to say thank god my thread was closed, but I than protest on every donations thread to be also closed, I know it was caused due to my rudeness, but I had enough of people making it a off topic donations thread.. All I was asking was for used old parts, no offence to brother Twysted, look at him, people kept donating like crazy to him, just because he was more reputation.. gah!!

Ima just leave this aside, I am cool, and apologize to anybody I was rude.. but people need to step up please, and really I am arguing, I just want the place to be better, so rules can be implemented on every user there, not just one or two.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old November 17, 2008, 07:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

No more donation Thread ? Ask Twisted what he thinks about that.

I find it sad, altough I understand how this could degenerate. The Twysted give away thread was something that I did find amazing.

This is one of the things that make this forum different and a place I like to be part of. Maybe a subforum to post donations demand, everything posted anywhere else would be deleted ? I dont know, but stopping someone like twysted a chance to have nice hardware from people who wants to give, is just wrong in my mind.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....

Last edited by matsta31; November 17, 2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old November 17, 2008, 07:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think we should also give the thread-opener the ability to close the thread (and the responsibilitly to do so) when their item has been sold.

Also, the ability to edit thread titles to update what's sold and what isn't.

So, if you're stuff's all sold, you close the thread yourself. Maybe a "Sold" section where we can move threads so there's less confusion about what's available and also that can be a good resource for people to help price their items.
Old November 17, 2008, 07:47 AM
MVP

On [H], we have a option to close threads ourselves but for titles, we can ask moderators to edit them but not a lot will do it. On XS, nobody have edit rights so what you posted in the thread get locked with no chance to edit and each time it's complete, it get moved in the sold forum.

I'm just giving some insight as to how other FS/FT areas work. IMHO, the best way which take less time is to allow people to close their own threads in the FS/FT section and to separate the FS/FT and WTB in two sections.

Proud to be [H]ard !
Old November 17, 2008, 12:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Updated OP! Good ideas Xilikon and zlojack.
Old November 17, 2008, 12:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

My issue with being able to edit and/or close/delete threads is what happens when a scammer gets on here. I know we currently have the ability to edit the threads, and that works for updating with new prices etc... but I've always been a bit concerned about the edit function in the buy/sell thread. (my 2 cents... :) ).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 17, 2008, 12:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well...I guess it depends on whether you want people to keep everything to one thread, or to just have a new thread for each new item.