Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 14, 2008, 05:44 PM
Top Prospect

Question adding some hwbot benchmark thread

hi, i know i am new here but i would like to make a suggestion

I am a overclocker enthousiat and i like to show off my overclocks and benchmark scores. i also like the idea of having members scores compilation just like in this forum. this is the superpi 1m bench thread with members scores and ranks also linked directly with hwbot. if you look here you have all hwbot autorized benchmarks threads in one cathegory called benchmarking tools. Members post their score with proof i.e screenshots and then hwbot takes cares of the rest like updating the ranks in the thread, althought you can also update manualy via a link. This requires members who wants to participate to register in hardware canucks hwbot team and compete againts all hwbot teams, but also allows competition between members in this forum. i like competition.

i have moved towards hardware canucks for several reasons, but mostly because here it is alive, ppl are very helpfull and friendly and because it is canadian. But it lacks of competition .

pls take my suggestion seriously

thx
Old November 14, 2008, 05:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Have you even bothered to explore the entire forum?
Hardware Canucks HWBot Team - Hardware Canucks

Though I must say, it really isn't popular amongst the users here.
Old November 14, 2008, 06:01 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

We've had many discussions regarding hwbot and their pointing system. Most of the members here are not heavy benchers (except 3oh6, and a few others) and most of us don't have the hottest hardware / extreme cooling systems to compete with the big dogs.

I did a few benches, then I stopped. I simply cannot compete hardware and cooling wise.

But.

If you can manage to revise the flame, then by all means please do so. We're here because we have the same passion, it's all within us.

John
Old November 14, 2008, 06:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Welcome !!!

and feel free to fold with our team when you are not benching !

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old November 14, 2008, 06:23 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Have you even bothered to explore the entire forum?
Hardware Canucks HWBot Team - Hardware Canucks

Though I must say, it really isn't popular amongst the users here.
hi jdrom17, i have seen that thread but it doesnt have all what i mentionned (seperated benchmark threads and user ranks compilation)

to charlie

did you mean revive the flame? i would like to influence ppl to join in but i might also need help for that. We also need to consider that with those benchmark thread installed we might attract new members, ppl that lives in canada but are part of an other forum just because there is competition. We might attract more overclockers aswell and make this forum more specialized. To start ppl dont need to have a muscle machine. they can compete with what ever they have. But it might also make those ppl want to overclock more and upgrade. not that i want ppl to spend more money lol.

i think it would be fun. even if there is only 5 person participating at the begining IMO it doesnt matter because i bet more ppl will join in and those 5 person will have fun competing againts each other.
Old November 14, 2008, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

HWBOT is no fun because you can only score points by having bleeding edge hardware and lots of money to waste on said hardware. You would have better luck posting your scores and asking for other people to post theirs for comparison because HWBOT is not well liked and that is what caused most people to abandon it.
Old November 14, 2008, 07:12 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
HWBOT is no fun because you can only score points by having bleeding edge hardware and lots of money to waste on said hardware. You would have better luck posting your scores and asking for other people to post theirs for comparison because HWBOT is not well liked and that is what caused most people to abandon it.
i like your idea. it is true that you need top hardware to win on hwbot.

ok so we go for that. benchmark threads but not with hwbot, just between members
Old November 14, 2008, 07:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
hi jdrom17, i have seen that thread but it doesnt have all what i mentionned (seperated benchmark threads and user ranks compilation)
Well if you join the HWC HWBot team then you can see all the user ranks so isn't that the same thing? You can also see all the benchmarks they've run and posted.

Like 3.0charlie said, HWC isn't too big on the extreme-cooling/overclocking scene, it's more just average Canadians with a passion for hardware but not going over the top. Using HWbot without extreme OCs is kinda pointless since you don't get any points and thus no recognition.

As far as I know, nobody on here has a phase/cascade unit, some of us have played with dry ice but I don't think any of us have used LN2. I could be mistaken though.

And if you just want to post your benchmark results, we have a thread for it already:
Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking - Hardware Canucks
Old November 14, 2008, 07:17 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Well if you join the HWC HWBot team then you can see all the user ranks so isn't that the same thing? You can also see all the benchmarks they've run and posted.

Like 3.0charlie said, HWC isn't too big on the extreme-cooling/overclocking scene, it's more just average Canadians with a passion for hardware but not going over the top. Using HWbot without extreme OCs is kinda pointless since you don't get any points and thus no recognition.

As far as I know, nobody on here has a phase/cascade unit, some of us have played with dry ice but I don't think any of us have used LN2. I could be mistaken though.
yea, i revised the whole thing and like we said just above your last post. i think it is a better idea to juste compet between members. but for that we need benchmark threads. like on the other forum i linked in my first post the only difference would be no hwbot
Old November 14, 2008, 07:20 PM
Banned
F@H

It's REALLY expensive to try to compete @ hwbot, I know all about that one. Got as high as 53(admittedly hwnot was just in it's infancy)!!

3oh6 is in top 50, was 37th, just recently!

I bet 3oh6 has had more hardware flow through his hands...

Basically, you could probably spend $15k and get within the top ten.

If you got $15k to do that, and then the $5k every six months it has to maintain that spot, you have too much money!!!

FAH points would be an awesome way to "compete" though, and it doesn't cost anywhere near as much! Long-term stability FTW!!!