Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 4, 2008, 11:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Proposed New Section: "Strictly Business"

I would like to propose the idea of having a new business section that would bring like minded members together in business discussion and possible ventures. Aptly named "Strictly Business", members would be able to communicate and promote the following:
  1. The legitimate service or product that they offer to whatever areas of Canada. Posted as "Service" or "Product".
  2. Possible networking and co-ventures between business people. Posted as "Networking Wanted" or "Co-venture", etc.
  3. Job offers, recruitment, and job wanted. Posted as "Positions Available", "Need Tech Work", etc.
  4. Help each other improve their operations and solve problems. Multiple heads are better than one, especially if you're not required to listen to them. Free advice from people who have been there and done that.
  5. Sounding board for new ideas. There always has been, and there always will be a way (there are even more now) for committed people working together to make a lot of money.
Suggested Rules:
  1. No crap or BS allowed. Only serious business discussion and fact finding.
  2. No "get rich quick schemes" or "ground floor opportunities".
  3. No multi-level marketing.
  4. No "Hot tips", "stock tips", etc.
  5. No deliberate, lazy, misleading, or incorrect information allowed. Do your homework and thorough research before you post something about business.
I can tell from being here at HWC for a few months that there are a lot of very sharp people who have not made a living by sitting on their cans waiting for a meal to show up. I like making money, and I like a lot of the people here, even though I have never met them. We could do business together. I'm still a very open and trusting person, in spite of being screwed the odd time before. I know that the initial trust and friendship that I have offered to people over the years has been paid back many, many times over.

Many active members here will still be members twenty years from now. I hate to think that we would have wasted all that time sitting on our hands, not willing to move forward with an idea or venture.

Anybody else think this is a good section to start? I would welcome all members and mods opinions and suggestions on this idea. I'm making some new virtual friends here and I think there might be some good business matches on our forum. Just my thoughts. Thanks everyone.

Opinions welcome.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!

Last edited by misterlarry; November 4, 2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: @$&* Typo Again
Old November 4, 2008, 11:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I second this I think it would bring an entirely new demention to HWC. I hope the "higher ups" seriously consider this and look at this as opportunity to open doors and create opprotunities for its members and maybe for themselves.

Excellent suggestion Misterlarry two big up.

EE
Old November 5, 2008, 12:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I like making money too, so I'll third it. Can't be any harm done for having a specific section for this sort of thing. I have to admit I'll be lurking there often and I'm sure others would do the same so I can't see it going unused either. Biggest issue I think would be liability towards HWC should a deal go bad. Another forum I'm on has a section for political chat etc. (i.e. it's opinionated from the get go so expect to be offended). In order to even view that section of the forum there are certain membership requirements that have to be met like been a member xx# of weeks and in good standing and need moderators permission. If they did that here and said "enter at own risk" that should clear them should something happen.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old November 5, 2008, 12:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

As much as I would like to see free and open discussion, I agree with limitations and prerequisites. Nobody wants this to be BS and waste our time. Time is a resource far more precious than money ever could be.

As far as liability goes, I would think that it would be no different than any other section. HWC already has monetary deals conducted between members in an open forum which has rules and prerequisites.

If needed, put the big HWC disclaimer as a "sticky". Only an idiot's lawyer would try to sue the phone company because a business deal was discussed over the phone lines or airwaves. In a legal battle, there's only one thing worse than an idiot... and that's the POS lawyer who figures they can make some money off of their client's stupidity. Oops... did I say that out loud? Oh well.

I don't believe it would be an issue, but good point to bring up. Thanks biff.

Old November 5, 2008, 12:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Do-Do-Double Po-Post?

That being said I think its a great idea!
Old November 5, 2008, 12:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oops. As God is my witness, I have absolutely no idea how that happened. I don't want to try deleting one though and end up deleting both, simply because I'm tired and I don't want to re-type it.

Old November 5, 2008, 01:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterlarry View Post
I don't want to re-type it.

never heard of amazing copy and paste technique?
[simple copy old post then delete and paste into a new post]
interesting idea but one problem is popularity... i mean small numbers... unless if this is creating and attracting more new members immediately ...
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.