Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2, 2008, 07:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I did it for a few years on my home forum and basically Forum wars turned me off in regards to even overclocking now. That contest is all about money. Those that have lots to waste win. Pairing it up with that joke called hwbot and you get something I would take no part in no matter the prizes. Plus, the `top guns`usually whine incessantly when someone beats their scores and scream `cheater`at every turn. Trust me guys, this one is best to just look at and laugh more than take seriously on any level.
Old November 2, 2008, 07:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
I did it for a few years on my home forum and basically Forum wars turned me off in regards to even overclocking now. That contest is all about money. Those that have lots to waste win. Pairing it up with that joke called hwbot and you get something I would take no part in no matter the prizes. Plus, the `top guns`usually whine incessantly when someone beats their scores and scream `cheater`at every turn. Trust me guys, this one is best to just look at and laugh more than take seriously on any level.
I like pushing my HW anyways... setting personal records, etc. so i may as well do it on a team..competition can be fun...and i'm poor.. not rich. Unless you're gunning for a top-3 finish, let the top-guns whine....doesn't hurt me any. I may not play this winter.. we'll see. I have a FUBAR back so taking my main machine downstairs, pulling the parts out and setting them up on my bench.. and 10's of hrs. of benching... then put it all back together kills my back. I just got mine back upstairs from the summer-wars(procrastinator)3 hrs. ago.
Old November 2, 2008, 07:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Not really seeing how they level the playing fields here, especially between Intel and AMD. Multi-GPU is valid in all but the E-class, ditto for extreme chips. Water is allowed in all classes.

Meh. Just like HWBot, you're buying your points here.
Old November 30, 2008, 03:13 PM
Allstar

No doubt that xtreme would destroy any competition.

CHEERS
Old November 30, 2008, 04:10 PM
Top Prospect

I have been in a couple FW without the latest and greatest. They have tried to level the playing field but it is an impossible task. I have experienced what b1lk1 calls whining from some participating sites. Because of this I have not participated since. It's a shame since Raymo (Raptor Pit) and others are decent guys.

If you participate then do it simply for the fun of it as a team. Ignore any whining and help your fellow team mate do better.

Don't worry about the prizes. Some prizes are random draws so you do have a chance.
Old November 30, 2008, 06:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I've just read the site, its interesting to say the least. I'm in if we do it, I don't have the craziest hardware but I could be fun even if we don't win just to see how we place.