Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   Why this forum doesn't suck (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/10713-why-forum-doesnt-suck.html)

Il Duce October 9, 2008 07:45 PM

Why this forum doesn't suck

1. I don't have to flip through 5-9 pages of arguments over who's right about the rounded off framerates for a graphics card on crysis with ultra high details. Anandtech comment page...
  2. The users here aren't jerks and just give their opinion without feeling strongly offended by other users' opinions. *Cough gamefaqs->pc hardware board *Cough
  3. Arguments here come in a objective manner and is usually on topic without personal insults. Again gamefaqs could learn a thing or two.
  4. Ratio of experienced pc users are greater than the lesser informed. You know a forum sucks when all you see is "1st tiem build plz halp" for 16 pages.
  5. I haven't encounter any users that has made silly posts to annoy other users yet.

CTA October 9, 2008 08:13 PM

1. lots of knowledges
2. smart and helpful members
3. cancuks

and i like small community... easy for me to track... >.>

enaberif October 9, 2008 08:21 PM

Probably because its such a small community and a lot of the top contributers have been doing this for 10+ years which is a long time.

I've been working/playing with computers since I was around the age 10 and that was 20 years ago. I started on old school IBM machines and went to a TRS-80, Commdore 64/128 then to a 486 in 1991.

NyteOwl October 9, 2008 09:35 PM

I started by moving piles of rocks from place to place for counting and memory storage. It was hard though with all the tricerotops and dipalodocus and allosaurs kicking them over all the time, and the brontosaurs grazing? well might as well forget about finishing the spreadsheet. Talk about a system crash . . . :biggrin:

arekieh October 9, 2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyteOwl (Post 98144)
I started by moving piles of rocks from place to place for counting and memory storage. It was hard though with all the tricerotops and dipalodocus and allosaurs kicking them over all the time, and the brontosaurs grazing? well might as well forget about finishing the spreadsheet. Talk about a system crash . . . :biggrin:

Lol, You forgot to mention the sense of humor^^^ ;)

S_G October 9, 2008 10:56 PM

I like the community. Everyone gets along quickly, and there's a sense of knowing one another through intimate and wildly inappropriate hardware exchange.

Phobia October 9, 2008 11:44 PM

ya, this is a sweet forum. I read it all the time. I've only been into pc's for about 2 years now. Before that, i knew NOTHING. like litteraly i had no idea what the difference between intel and AMD basically. Lol

Jon_di2 October 10, 2008 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 98115)
Probably because its such a small community and a lot of the top contributers have been doing this for 10+ years which is a long time.

I just checked and there are only 960 members, as listed in the forum contribution page... so that doesn't include mods or reviewers (not sure how many of the 960 are actually active though). But I do like how it is smaller then some of the US forums.

sswilson October 10, 2008 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon_di2 (Post 98208)
I just checked and there are only 960 members, as listed in the forum contribution page... so that doesn't include mods or reviewers (not sure how many of the 960 are actually active though). But I do like how it is smaller then some of the US forums.

Must be listing actual active members.....

Quote:

Threads: 8,022, Posts: 89,438, Members: 3,711
Welcome to our newest member, buzz

Xilikon October 10, 2008 06:52 AM

I like the forum, finally a real Canadian one I can use for my incoming big FS/FT now that the change rate start to suck.

Each forum has their own strong and weak points but it's great here :thumb: