Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2008, 06:57 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
  1. I don't have to flip through 5-9 pages of arguments over who's right about the rounded off framerates for a graphics card on crysis with ultra high details. Anandtech comment page...
  2. The users here aren't jerks and just give their opinion without feeling strongly offended by other users' opinions. *Cough gamefaqs->pc hardware board *Cough
  3. Arguments here come in a objective manner and is usually on topic without personal insults. Again gamefaqs could learn a thing or two.
  4. Ratio of experienced pc users are greater than the lesser informed. You know a forum sucks when all you see is "1st tiem build plz halp" for 16 pages.
  5. I haven't encounter any users that has made silly posts to annoy other users yet.
6. Hockey thread.

Yeah I hang out at Hardocp a bit but like the maturity here a whole lot better. Also got to support a Canadian site.

I had seen a few reviews here and always liked them, but the way Sky handled the 3dgameman situation really impressed me as well.

I don't claim to be an expert...I just have some experience with some things and if I can help I will, and usually my requests for help are honoured with respect and thats appreciated. I use this site as a resource for my students as well (mainly the articles) and a mature environment is essential.

Just put together a box to fold for this team to help contribute to the community as well. Would really like to see a Canadian team make it to the top of the standings, and I would love to be a part of that push.

Great community!
Fold for team #54196
Old October 17, 2008, 07:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

The members on this forum are outstanding, the most upstanding, patriotic, supportive people I've come to known.

I posted a thread looking for suggestion for parts for my brother-in-laws computer build. He is currently serving in Afghanistan. The members here stepped up to the plate and showed their support by donating parts and money to putting together what is going to be a kick ass gaming rig. I was blown away by this.
This is why this forum doesn't suck.

I've been on this forum for over a year now and I'll glady say it. I'm a HWC 4 Life.

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Old October 18, 2008, 05:59 AM
MVP

Default this forum doesn't suck because.........

there is somewhere everyone can contribute in some way. the reviews are EXACTLY what i want to see. if there is something wrong with a new piece of kit, then the reviewer will say it and is not beholden to whoever provided the sample.

if you have a question , no matter how simple it may seem to others , you will get an answer that will be of help to you.

this is NOT a place where the vastly more experienced will talk down to you like you are 4 years old.

thats why this board doesnt suck

rob123