Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   Why this forum doesn't suck (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/10713-why-forum-doesnt-suck.html)

miggs78 October 10, 2008 07:03 AM

Yeah HWC might be a smaller coomunity, but seems rather large and at least it is active, lots of big forums, they are pile of members just using 1/2 of the forum, becomes boring, lots of violence and personal assaults.

I also have learned a lot at HWC, and even though occasionally we argue with other users on different hardware parts *cough enaberif*.. I still respect them, and thank them for all the help and brain usage they have put for me. Let's just say, everybody has a different perspective, point of view and choice of hardware, so it is not a must that everybody will give same suggestions. Some users might have had luck with different hardware parts that other didn't..

But really I used to be much more active in other forums when I first registered here, for the first 2 months I would just walk in the park, maybe pick up an apple, throw garbage, have fresh air and leave lol.. But now, I'm much more active and have started learning quite a bit more.. now it is more like the park is my home, and nobody gonna mess with me here :P..

Lastly, yes one thing very nice about this forum is everybody if not experienced have adequate knowledge in hardware, at least some sort, we don't have people asking questions like "How do I put a processor on the motherboard and put the heatsink on it".. it isn't bad to ask, but imho you gotta see what you ask lol..

3.0charlie October 10, 2008 08:19 AM

I think the major difference is the age group of most members; from the different threads we had lately, the majority of the members are adults. Heck, we even have a few Elders...

That makes for great threads and opinions are not bashed, but instead recongnized and accepted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xilikon (Post 98269)
I like the forum, finally a real Canadian one I can use for my incoming big FS/FT now that the change rate start to suck.

Each forum has their own strong and weak points but it's great here :thumb:

Now if you only would Fold for us... :whistle: 54196 is the Team on the move.

miggs78 October 10, 2008 08:24 AM

Fold Fold.. I will come when I get my rig up and running... :whistle:

Eldonko October 10, 2008 09:10 AM

Yeah you guys passed my team this week, not cool! I have a trick up my sleeve though. :biggrin:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.0charlie (Post 98299)
54196 is the Team on the move.

3.0charlie October 10, 2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldonko (Post 98323)
Yeah you guys passed my team this week, not cool! I have a trick up my sleeve though. :biggrin:

Me too... :ph34r: We'll see in about 2 weeks. :whistle:

zlojack October 10, 2008 09:31 AM

This forum is by far the most enjoyable, though I do spend a fair amount of time at the Liquid Cooling at XS and over at OCN, which is also a pretty friendly community, though you need to wade through a bit more BS.

But HWC sort of feels like "home" :biggrin:

miggs78 October 10, 2008 09:44 AM

Sort of... :angry2:.. It feels like Home :bleh:..

Although I do also visit OCN case mode worklog section quite bits myself.

zlojack October 10, 2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miggs78 (Post 98341)
Sort of... :angry2:.. It feels like Home :bleh:..

Although I do also visit OCN case mode worklog section quite bits myself.

Well... sort of in the sense that it's teh Internetz...so if I have a home for my computer-related stuff, it would be here. :haha::thumb:

enaberif October 10, 2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miggs78 (Post 98271)
I also have learned a lot at HWC, and even though occasionally we argue with other users on different hardware parts *cough enaberif*..

And unfortunately due to reasons of this nature I have become less active than normal.

cwestwell October 10, 2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 98345)
And unfortunately due to reasons of this nature I have become less active than normal.

I think you still hold %100 activity though....I hope you don't let some of the schoolyard fisticuffs hold you back...it's nice to be nice and this Forum is great for that...but a little smack talk is good for the soul....Breath a little Fire from time to time.