Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7, 2008, 01:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

I just thought of something Lame or Cool I cant decide...However what if the color of the shirt was limited to your ranking ... Ensign I mean Rookies get Redshirts..MVP's get Blue or Dark Grey..All Stars and above get Black....This way when you go up in rank you of course want to buy a new shirt to represent that ...ergo generating some website income. That or you get a black shirt with your Name and ranking.....nah I like the color shirt Idea more......

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit

Old October 7, 2008, 04:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

lol @ the color of shirts.
Do you know how funny it would look if you were wearing a black shirt that said "Hardware Canucks MVP" with your name on it too. They'd thing hardware canucks was some sports team.

OT: I dont think i would ever buy a shirt, but i would definitely buy a case badge.
Maybe other things you could sell would be:
-Good quality mouse pads(gaming pads or something that would actually be worth a bit of money, id rather pay $30 for an HWC gaming mouse pad than a steelseries)
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 7, 2008, 04:41 PM
Allstar

@Arekieh, I never said anything about the "MVP" rating or anything like that. I was talking about our forum NAMES here....
such as mine "Robscix" it would not be large and wasn't a permanent idea. It was just a suggestion but probably more for the staff and reviewers then others. If you read back many are interested in shirts...
Old October 7, 2008, 04:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
@Arekieh, I never said anything about the "MVP" rating or anything like that. I was talking about our forum NAMES here....
such as mine "Robscix" it would not be large and wasn't a permanent idea. It was just a suggestion but probably more for the staff and reviewers then others. If you read back many are interested in shirts...
Oh sorry, i didnt mean what i said as an offence, im not saying that that is everyones opinion, I was just trying to make a funny comment, about the shirts, i was just stating that i personally wouldnt ever buy any shirts.

Sorry if you took any offence to my comments, and if you did, please know it was completely unintentional.
Now i feel bad, sorry
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 7, 2008, 05:00 PM
Allstar

No,no, I took no offence, I just wanted to explain what I meant a bit better. There would be a very fine line as with many shirts between stylin' and tacky. These would turn out very nice if done properly.
Old October 7, 2008, 05:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

True, well hopefully this works out and we can see them :D
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 8, 2008, 11:12 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

just remember that the number of colors you incorporate in either silkscreen or embroidery affect the price and silkscreen eventually wears off but gives that faded I been wearin this shyt a long time look...whereas embroidery maintains its color forever but does create a "lump" for want of a better word in the fabric of whatever is being embroidered.
another thing to consider is quantity ordered, as buying bulk obviously reduces the price however you don't want to be stuck with inventory you can't move. I don't necessarily see that as an issue cuz if NVidea can sell fugly crap we can certainly sell some well manufactured Canadian gear
Old October 8, 2008, 03:15 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
just remember that the number of colors you incorporate in either silkscreen or embroidery affect the price and silkscreen eventually wears off but gives that faded I been wearin this shyt a long time look...whereas embroidery maintains its color forever but does create a "lump" for want of a better word in the fabric of whatever is being embroidered.
another thing to consider is quantity ordered, as buying bulk obviously reduces the price however you don't want to be stuck with inventory you can't move. I don't necessarily see that as an issue cuz if NVidea can sell fugly crap we can certainly sell some well manufactured Canadian gear
true that, i really want to know who buys that nividia crap
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 10, 2008, 05:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

TADA!! lol I was bored last night so i threw this together ;D

Name:  T shirt.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  35.9 KB

vista 64 on these rigs
Q9450 @ 3.5Ghz | E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
8gb Muskin Redline. | 2gb Kingston Hyperx
________________________________|_________________ ______________
EVGA 780i FTW ----\--||___||--/---- EVGA 780i SLI
Antec TP Quatro 1000W \ :==^==: / Antec TP Quatro 850W.
Nvidia 9800 GX2 X 2 SLI \|--o--|/ Nvidia 8800 GTS X 2 SLI
1X 500GB Western Digital. \_____/ 3X 150GB WD RAPTOR RAID-0
Old October 10, 2008, 10:39 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

hahaha thats awesome