Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 18, 2008, 11:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Larger review photos.

I'm sure you guys have thought of this, but I'll mention it anyways.

I love the format HWC does their reviews in, and given their textual depth I think it'd be a logical step to implement larger resolution photos, as high def as possible.

I don't mean to change the current way photos are viewed, I really like it. But when I review products I find I really, really appreciate many photos, from as many angles as possible, in as high a quality as possible. I can't stand when I see a case review from another site for example and the photos are like a 360 of the case and that's in. A couple zoom ins in integral points of good or bad will help us make our own decisions about things when we're buying.

-Cam

Edit: Added 'from another site' in there lol.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.

Last edited by encorp; September 18, 2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old September 18, 2008, 11:45 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

All our photos are zoomable.

As for our case reviews, can you give me an example? All the reviews we have published dealing with enclosures have a crapload of photos IMO.
Old September 18, 2008, 12:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No no, I realize they are zoomable. But not by enough I think! I'd like a second stage that gets right up close and personal hehe. Also as far as the case reviews go I was more referring to other websites, I guess I should have said that? I'll edit it to reflect.

The number of photos here is fine, I just would like to if possible even read the letters off the caps/mem on mobos/vid cards LOL. I dunno, It's like virtual molesting of products I guess! haha
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 18, 2008, 12:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I wouldn't mind if they zoomed in larger too. I'm sure your taking 5MP+ pictures so why not post say a 3MP picture or something? I realize bandwidth can get pricey however I think you can do better than 640x480. I'd say 1024x768 at least IMO.
Old September 18, 2008, 12:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It's not so much a bandwidth issue as it is a viewable screensize issue. Every attempt is made on current websites to ensure that the dreaded scroll bars don't appear.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old September 18, 2008, 12:39 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah, I take the shots @ 5MP, but we need them to fit on an average users' screen. Some people still use low res crts. ;)
Old September 18, 2008, 01:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah that's why I think if maybe you did things the way you do now but stuck a small link, tiny font underneath the image (or maybe if you have a more creative/attractive idea) that said "Larger Image here" I'm not sure. I don't really think you should change how it functions now or add another zoom stage, just something that maybe people with smaller res crts don't really bother looking at. I mean in all honesty, who really reads hardware reviews and still uses that crap? LOL j/k hehe
Old September 18, 2008, 01:17 PM
MVP
F@H

my bud, god bless his ancient ass machine .. would lose his mid at high rez pix.. he is still on an old 15 crt.. shakes head..

Old September 18, 2008, 01:31 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I still use a crt on 1 machine too haha, I can feel the radiation coming offa it.
Old September 18, 2008, 01:35 PM
MVP
F@H

taht warm glowing feeling of rays.. mmm i have a a crt that i use from my dos days.. green TEXT BABY