Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 18, 2008, 02:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I can't sit in front of them. I started to get severe headaches, I'm not normally one to complain, get sick or even get hurt. And I just cannot sit in front of a CRT Or even 20 feet from a tube TV without getting extremely ill, I even started getting migraines! It's why I paid over a thousand dollars many years ago for a 17" Sony LCD with 32ms response and a 300:1 contrast ratio LOL
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 18, 2008, 02:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh and like maybe 1 viewing angle lol! If I even reached over my desk to get a pen I couldn't see what was on the screen LOL!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 18, 2008, 04:29 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Im the same, my last job was still using them and it drove my eyes crazy. I thought I needed glasses and went to the eye doctor and my eyes are fine and then he asked if I sit in front of a crt for any long periods... I have 2x20 inch wides at my new job so Im pretty happy.
Old September 18, 2008, 04:32 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

At MY old job, we used 17" eMacs.

Now... I'm unemployed
RAM: 1x2GB
OCZ DDR2-800 PC2-6400
+ 2x2GB Crucial DDR2-800 PC2-6400
= 6GB RAM (finally more than 2GB!)
GPU: XFX GeForce9800GTX+
HDDs: 500 Seagate, 640 GB WD Caviar Black
PSU: CoolerMaster 600W
Old September 19, 2008, 10:45 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I wouldn't mind if they zoomed in larger too. I'm sure your taking 5MP+ pictures so why not post say a 3MP picture or something? I realize bandwidth can get pricey however I think you can do better than 640x480. I'd say 1024x768 at least IMO.
Actually, 3 Megapixels is around 2048x1536. No one browses at that resolution...

IMO 1024x768 images are good enough. Heck, even 800x600 is good enough at most times. However, lately the reviews have been using 640x480 images.

Last edited by Spaceman-Spiff; September 19, 2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old September 19, 2008, 11:20 AM

Since Ive started reviewing the large photos have always been 640x480.
Old September 19, 2008, 01:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman-Spiff View Post
Actually, 3 Megapixels is around 2048x1536. No one browses at that resolution...

IMO 1024x768 images are good enough. Heck, even 800x600 is good enough at most times. However, lately the reviews have been using 640x480 images.
No but with 3MP you could effectively "zoom" in and actually see some details...

I think something like Newegg's photo gallery system would work well. Have the main small image, and allow the user to zoom in twice (or more) within the same window/frame/div whatever you want to call it and be able to drag the image around when zoomed in.
Old September 19, 2008, 04:24 PM

I dont get what details you cant see. When there are details, we do macros. Like this for example:

Old September 19, 2008, 05:06 PM

i am with Spaceman-Spiff, i wouldn't mind seeing 800px wide 6x4 ratio photos for the larger version myself. bandwidth requirements rule the roost though and the photo sizes we use now are plenty big enough, 800px wide would be just that much nicer to show off some of the incredible photos the reviewers here take though