Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 4, 2008, 06:00 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Had the Tagan since July....I have a Seagate in it. I keep it in my tool box so that I can copy client's data to the drive or to transfer files. Used it a few dozen times. The transfer speeds seem OK but don't seem as fast as I'm used to but that is most likely the 5400rpm hdd. Pretty solid and does the job for me. Never had the opportunity to drop it lol but it does knock around in my tool box. The case does a good job of protecting it (leather/leather like material).
Fold for team #54196
Old September 4, 2008, 07:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Good enough. I don't treat my stuff horribly and it'll probably just be in my backpack for the most part.

The professor said he's trying to get a volume discount from CC so I'll see if he mentions it tomorrow. If not, I'll just buy it on my own.
Old September 5, 2008, 05:09 AM
MVP

If you have a local Costco and have or know someone with a membership they have the WD Passport 2.5inch 250GB drives for 69.99. I'm not sure if they still have this deal going on but it worth a look.

NCIX.com - Buy Western Digital WDME2500TN My Passport Essential 250GB 2.5IN USB2 External Hard Drive Midnight Black - WDME2500TN In Canada.

Picked one up a few months ago and it's a great little storage drive. Not blazing fast or anything but very small and portable.
Old September 5, 2008, 05:26 AM
Allstar

I use the Vantec enclosures myself for work. I've had the same one for a year and a half and use it constantly to transfer files etc and haven't had a problem with it yet. I keep it in my backpack so it's been banged around a bit.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old September 5, 2008, 11:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian7 View Post
If you have a local Costco and have or know someone with a membership they have the WD Passport 2.5inch 250GB drives for 69.99. I'm not sure if they still have this deal going on but it worth a look.

NCIX.com - Buy Western Digital WDME2500TN My Passport Essential 250GB 2.5IN USB2 External Hard Drive Midnight Black - WDME2500TN In Canada.

Picked one up a few months ago and it's a great little storage drive. Not blazing fast or anything but very small and portable.
Don't have Costco and the people I know who have a membership live pretty far away.

As per Vantec enclosures, the one's CC has I don't find very appealing from pictures I've seen of them. Paint finish seems a bit crappy.
Old September 5, 2008, 02:25 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Getting a discount from CC could be tricky (unless he has connections). Margins are pretty thin on comp equipment. Either way the prices there are cheap already so if you can get cheaper that would be wicked
Fold for team #54196