Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25, 2008, 02:17 PM
Rookie

Default Sata - Sata2

hey whats the difference between sata and sata2?
i found 2 harddrives but not sure if the satas matter. they are about 10bucks different, (or maybe the stores)

links:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...Specifications
Canada Computers - Hard Drives > Desktop Drives > 3.5" SATA Drives : Seagate Barracuda (ST3500320AS) 7200.11 SATA NCQ 3.0Gb/s 500GB 32MB Cache (OEM).
Old June 25, 2008, 02:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

SATA2 is faster than SATA.

However both those drives are actually SATA2 drives. NCQ dosn't exist on regular SATA drives as far as I know. That's just another title error by NCIX lol
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old June 25, 2008, 02:32 PM
Rookie

ok thanks, by the way how does ur psu fit in the case, cuz i was wondering either to get the corsair TX or Antec TPQ850
Old June 25, 2008, 02:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It fits perfectly; really nice PSU. Although in the Antec 900 it will be upside down; with the fan blowing into the case and all the lettering and nice decals being upside down haha. I modded the case so it could sit right. But as far as dimensions and so on go it works fit just fine under the mobo edge and i didn't have too much of an issue hiding the extra cables with it.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old June 25, 2008, 02:36 PM
Rookie

cool thanks