Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25, 2008, 10:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default WD Dual Proc HDD's

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=30999

Thinking of grabbing one... Anyone ever tried these out? They are not expensive at all and boast (at least on paper) some impressive specs!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old June 25, 2008, 10:41 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

multi-core hard drives? The world goes a little more insane every day.

These drives were only released on June 10.
Old June 25, 2008, 12:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I want to see how these perform for sure; the price to me isn't really anything to worry about either so I'm putting one on order from NCIX now lol
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old June 25, 2008, 12:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep! Just ordered one haha. I'll have to run some super tests on this sucker.
Old June 25, 2008, 12:42 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Yep! Just ordered one haha. I'll have to run some super tests on this sucker.
I'll be eagerly waiting those benchies, wonder how they'll stack up against my old 36g Raptors in Raid 0.
Old June 25, 2008, 01:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What is a good program to use to test them? I've not done a lot of testing on hdd's tbh although I'm sure I'm very capable!
Old June 25, 2008, 01:31 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

HDTach is the most common AFAIK.
Old June 25, 2008, 03:11 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but....4.2ms is the STANDARD amount of latency associated with ALL hard drives with a spindle speed of 7200rpm. In this instance it does not mean it has seek times of 4.2ms its just a fancy /attention getting way of saying its a frickin' 7200rpm Hard drive!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 25, 2008, 03:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks. I had the thing shipped by air so as soon as NCIX gets them in I should get mine fairly promptly! lol

Edit: We'll have to see how it performs in the end!
Old June 25, 2008, 03:16 PM
Allstar

I look forward to the review. It would be nice to get a couple of storage hard drives with some good speed and a semi-affordable price.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N