Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2017, 09:07 PM
Trial Member

Unhappy Windows unmounts my HDD suddenly

It was happening frequently under Windows 7 with my 3Tb HDD master drive (GPT partition). No problem with slaves, pendrives, or other storage devices.

I replaced this HDD with a 1Tb master running Windows 10, and a 4Tb slave, both NTFS. This issue started to happen with this 4Tb slave.

Then I downgraded to Windows 8.1, after a Windows 10 auto-update made Windows impossible to boot. Same issue with the 4Tb slave.

This issue always happen when I'm running video tasks under these drivers that get unmounted, it doesn't matter if I'm playing a video, or exporting to a mp4 file under Adobe Premiere. After a reboot, Windows mounts the hard drive again, until I try another video task.

I have no idea about what to do. Please, any suggestions? Thanks a lot in advance.
Old September 21, 2017, 02:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

update any firmware for motherboard chipset, bios

also can be power issues

be it goes to sleep or PSU or

bad drive connector data or power

Tags
windows;unmount;hdd