Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25, 2016, 09:04 AM
MVP

Back when I worked there, customer service/RMA was a huge focus. I can't imagine why they'd ever deviate from that. Isn't Powernode handling the OCZ Canada warranties now?
Old May 25, 2016, 09:24 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

OCZ's RMA and customer support structure remains in place. Equating it with Toshiba is like comparing apples and oranges.

I do however hear the criticism and it is duly noted.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The PCB looks exactly like the one from HyperX Predator, almost identical i might say. And a suggestion for next reviews of PCI-E or nvme drives : i don't think the 2.5" sata III based drives should be even present in graphs next to the nvme/PCI-E parts, they simply don't belong in the same performance or price class. I think the drives reviewed should be split into 2 categories even in the graphs : enthusiast/enterprise and sata III based drives. Any upcoming review for drives based on the Phison E7 controller anytime soon?
Old May 25, 2016, 02:36 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Eventually they will be split. However for the time being 1) there is not enough NVMe drives to make up a chart 2) a lot of peeps want to know exactly how much more performance NVMe brings to the table along with the large increase in price. Thus one chart with them all so all consumers can make a judgement call is (probably) the optimal compromise for the time being.

M.2 form-factor leaves very little room for innovation on the PCB side of the equation. They will all look very similar. IMHO its all about the components used rather than the PCB. YMMV on this one.

No idea TBH on the new E7. After this review I am switching gears and doing the soon to be released {censored} made by {censored} which is built from the ground up to use the new {censored} {censored}... which obviously is not storage related! Once things quiet down we will put out some feelers and see what is sampling.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr