Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18, 2008, 07:25 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default Sans Digital MOBILSTORE MS2UTN+B Hard Drive Enclosure Review comment thread

Our Review of the Sans Digital MOBILSTORE external drive enclosure is now live. This DAM GOOD unit with its combination of stylish good looks, speed, ease of use and durability make it a winner in my book.

You can check out my Review of the MOBILSTORE here: MobilSTOR

Please use this thread to post all of your questions, comments and suggestions.

Hope You Enjoy It!
AKG

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 18, 2008, 07:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Great review!

Now for the same question I asked a couple of weeks ago..... :)

If this was plugged into a sata port (through the included ESata bracket) with two drives set to Raid 0, would XP see it as a single drive thus removing the need for F6 raid drivers?

If so, do you have the read/write #s for a single drive operating normally on a Sata port, and how do those #s compare to two drives raided in this enclosure?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 19, 2008, 04:52 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Thanks sswilson,

Yup its seen as just another regular sata hard drive by the OS so I would hazard a guess and say no need for f6 (didn't manually install an OS on so its only a guess...and with Bashrat the Sneaky driverpacks I haven't needed f6 for a long while)

If IIRC the Jbod numbers were so freaking close too the internal sata connection numbers the difference was negligible. I think about the only thing it added was .1ms latency but everything else was darn near the same. I was really bored there awhile ago so I cloned my internal 500gb WD SE16 unto it (RAID 0) and I noticed a big dif in load speeds (since gone back to internal as I "needed" the mobilstor for transferring huge files to another system).

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr