OCZ SOLID 3 SSD|Seagate 1.0TB
2 X EVGA GTX 460 in SLI
Old October 14, 2008, 09:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbug View Post
Forget about Blu Ray, HD-DVD is where its at
Lol, as much as I appreciate the humor, somebody may think you're serious and then make the worst mistake of their lives...
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Old November 9, 2008, 10:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Unless your watching BlueRay Movies on your PC...at this point I believe it really makes no sense....I watch Blue Rays on my PS3 on a 50" Sony HD. As for burning BlueRays....@ $25 for a blank disc....not I.

Old November 9, 2008, 11:27 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Unless your watching BlueRay Movies on your PC...at this point I believe it really makes no sense....I watch Blue Rays on my PS3 on a 50" Sony HD. As for burning BlueRays....@ $25 for a blank disc....not I.

You can usually get 25GB Disc's for $7.99 or less online. Maybe not right now because of the dollar but a few months ago you could.

When you think about it. 25GB for $7.99 isn't as bad as it sounds if you're using the Blu-Ray discs for backing up Data.

I would rather backup all my photography on disc, than an external hard drive.

Even $7.99 isn't really that bad for backing up a movie that costs you $29.99 assuming that people are doing everything legitimate. (aka purchasing the original movie)

And just like CD-R's and DVD-R's the prices are going to drop, but when i pickup a Blu-Ray burner at Christmas time i am not going to have an issue paying $8 for a 25GB Blu-Ray disc.

Just 1 disc will eliminate many DVD's i already have important photographs backed up on.

This will also help cut down on clutter in my DVD rack that i have for just backed up Data and Photographs.

But i do understand how it seems expensive and probably won't catch on until prices drop on BD-R's. I just wanted to point out that if you can find BD-R's for $7.99 its not actually that bad of a price for all the benefits

Edit: And just so everyone understands, yes i know 5 DVD-/+R's are cheaper than 1 BD-R even at $7.99. But not having to burn everything on 5 separate discs and saving space is were i see a huge benefit regardless of paying $7.99.
Old November 14, 2008, 10:15 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Just ordered the LG drive for $119 on sale at Futureshop...seems that LG does not make the Blu/HD-DVD drive anymore and I have seen the prices go up on this drive at Canada Computers and NCIX (was $130-140...now $150-160) so I figured now was the time to pick up a drive that can play all formats.
Fold for team #54196
Old November 14, 2008, 11:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I got that LG drive and have had it for awhile. Still prefer watching Blu ray movies on my PS3 but on the comp it isn't to bad.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."