Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27, 2015, 06:35 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD Review Comment Thread

The affordable Kingston HyperX Savage is one of the first SSDs to use the new Phison PS3110 controller and the end results are extremely impressive to say the least.

Read more here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...tml#post792656
Old April 28, 2015, 01:42 AM
MVP

From the conclusion, what I understand is the Savage performs a bit better with lots of data on the drive, however it's not very good at multi-tasking. This just seems a bit contradicting in itself; I suppose this tailors specifically to gamers who aren't exactly multitasking, but need the raw performance and storage.
In addition, it's hard to trust these endurance claims especially when there's no easy way to test them, without spending the crazy amount time to kill the drive.
I basically don't see why it deserves an innovative award, it doesn't do anything that great. It seems they are given out too easily these days. Then again, nothing really cool has come along in a while.
Old April 28, 2015, 04:52 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

It seems a bit contradicting but it actually isn't. Stored data that is housed on the drive and accessed when needed. However, multitasking would be running multiple requests to the storage system (for example, parallel reads AND writes). Some drives are very good at doing that while others aren't.