Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 12, 2013, 07:41 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Western Digital Blue Slim 1TB HDD Review Comment Thread

With Ultrabooks gaining popularity, Western Digital's new 5400RPM Blue Slim aims to offer a solution that is both compact (it's only 7mm thick) while still retaining a massive 1TB of capacity.

Read more here: Western Digital Blue Slim 1TB HDD Review
Old December 14, 2013, 08:27 AM
Trial Member

Default BUYER BEWARE BEWARE

I purchased A 2 TB hard Drive in January 2013 and by May 2013 the drive
was giving problems. I contacted WD and after several attempts they finally
agreed to save my data and replace the drive with a company called Kroll Ontrack
at Gordon Baker Rd Toronto, Ontario Canada. Well let me tell you the shabby
job they did of recovering my data, they never did a sector by sector transfer
they did the cheapest and sloppiest job ever copy and pasting things everywhere,
nothing worked when I got the drive I could not open a picture, there I was thinking
I would get back my drive exactly as it was no way. Then they claimed it was a
partial recovery and they sent the so-called bad files in a folder they named the
(bad files ) when I checked all the files, good or bad were unusable, WHY??
Because they where copy and pasted, and all folders did not contain the actual
applications or programs they all came with a configuration files that claimed it
was on the desktop, this was truly a sloppy job obviously they saved the files to
a desktop on their system and every file I would open would point to a configuration
files on this desktop.
Then the new drive I got was over heating the same day I got it was as if it was
burning up and on fire, I became so frustrated with the entire process I decided to go
buy a damn Maxdor maybe shitty but I have one for almost 5 years and itís still going,
the one I had before that was also the same brand and it lasted me from 1998 to 2012
What the hell you need more than a drive with stability.
After doing some research I found out Western Digital HAS A PROBLEM WITH ALL THEIR DRIVES
HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM AS I DID THE HEAD STACK ASEMBLY COLLAPSED, WITH IT MY
HUNDRED OF DOLLARS IN PROGRAMS, FILES AND MEMEORIES, WORK RELATED INFO, SCHOOL INFO
AND MORE IRREPLACEABLE THINGS.
I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE PURCHASE ANOTHER WESTERN DIGITAL DRIVE AND I ADVISE ALL ALL ALL
BUYERS BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE.DO NOT BY WESTERN DIGITAL HARD DRIVES.........HEAD COLLAPSE IS
EMINENT.
THANKS

FM GIRL
Old December 14, 2013, 09:20 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefmgirl View Post
I purchased A 2 TB hard Drive in January 2013 and by May 2013 the drive
was giving problems. I contacted WD and after several attempts they finally
agreed to save my data and replace the drive with a company called Kroll Ontrack
at Gordon Baker Rd Toronto, Ontario Canada. Well let me tell you the shabby
job they did of recovering my data, they never did a sector by sector transfer
they did the cheapest and sloppiest job ever copy and pasting things everywhere,
nothing worked when I got the drive I could not open a picture, there I was thinking
I would get back my drive exactly as it was no way. Then they claimed it was a
partial recovery and they sent the so-called bad files in a folder they named the
(bad files ) when I checked all the files, good or bad were unusable, WHY??
Because they where copy and pasted, and all folders did not contain the actual
applications or programs they all came with a configuration files that claimed it
was on the desktop, this was truly a sloppy job obviously they saved the files to
a desktop on their system and every file I would open would point to a configuration
files on this desktop.
Then the new drive I got was over heating the same day I got it was as if it was
burning up and on fire, I became so frustrated with the entire process I decided to go
buy a damn Maxdor maybe shitty but I have one for almost 5 years and itís still going,
the one I had before that was also the same brand and it lasted me from 1998 to 2012
What the hell you need more than a drive with stability.
After doing some research I found out Western Digital HAS A PROBLEM WITH ALL THEIR DRIVES
HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM AS I DID THE HEAD STACK ASEMBLY COLLAPSED, WITH IT MY
HUNDRED OF DOLLARS IN PROGRAMS, FILES AND MEMEORIES, WORK RELATED INFO, SCHOOL INFO
AND MORE IRREPLACEABLE THINGS.
I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE PURCHASE ANOTHER WESTERN DIGITAL DRIVE AND I ADVISE ALL ALL ALL
BUYERS BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE.DO NOT BY WESTERN DIGITAL HARD DRIVES.........HEAD COLLAPSE IS
EMINENT.
THANKS

FM GIRL
i havent had any issues with a WD drive...and I think they are some of if not the most popular HDD..seems like you had some pretty terrible luck.