Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5, 2013, 03:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hmm I just bought a Samsung 840 pro for my boss and now I see this thread.. Nice :)

Did anyone actually read this link:

Samsung

It says 3 year warranty where the 840 pro specifically was suppose to have 5 year warranty.. I think they changed their warranty...

WTF is going on samsung? How can this be so sloppy?
Old January 31, 2014, 11:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

If say 1000 suddenly die and no one has a rma method itd be in news then id call BBB to give them a Less then F grade so maybe it hurts them enough to A. Stop selling products in canada or B. Create a divsion for support in this country.
Old February 7, 2014, 08:20 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Anyone figure out how to register these yet? The money I saved pricematched from shopbot I bout ncix Extended Warranty. Thats one way to get rma.
Old February 7, 2014, 08:30 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

There should be an announcement in the near(ish) future from Samsung. I can not be more specific than that. But if the information I have is correct...its going to be pretty damn sweet for us stuck here in the Free Democratic Peoples Republic of Canuckistan. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 7, 2014, 09:10 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Sweet so the 100ish I save by pricematching I can actually save it then nice. I got a 840 pro 256Gb for $300 after pricematching then bought extra warrenty. The other one I found a deal for $197 so bought 3 yr warrenty with ncix incase something happens with Raid 0. I also found a deal on 512Gb for $365 lol ncix accepted the pricematch.
Old February 26, 2014, 06:32 PM
Rookie

Anybody have a smartphone die and have to deal with Samsung? What was it like?
Old March 11, 2014, 10:57 AM
Trial Member

Default Samsung SSD Warranty Canada

As of today, here is a procedure that worked for me on a warranty claim with Samsung.

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB solid state hard drive

first of all, don't waste your time trying to register your drive with Samsung on line.

Dial 1 800 726 6864

Failing the above, email: "Luis Gonzalez" <lgonzalez@totalts.com>,

Luis will need the following info:

Dear Customer,
If you wish to have your unit replaced, please provide the following information:

Name

Address

Phone

Email

Model Number

Serial Number

Invoice/Receipt

Luis Gonzalez

Total Tech Solutions, Inc.
Samsung Factory Service - SSD/ODD
support@totalts.com

After this sent, you will "allegedly", be sent shipping labels, and shipping is NC to you the customer.

Hope this works, hope this helps.
Old April 14, 2014, 05:04 PM
Rookie

well this is good 2 know. never had a ssd fail though so fingers crossed.