Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Storage (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/storage/)
-   -   Seagate RMA Address (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/storage/60278-seagate-rma-address.html)

Lpfan4ever March 19, 2013 11:13 AM

Seagate RMA Address

I feel like an absolute tard right now...but I cannot for the life of me find the address for Seagate's Canadian RMA location. I did an advanced replacement and I have to send my dead drive back. If someone has the address that'd be great. (Seagate's online support is on break for another hour, otherwise I'd bug them)

Supergrover March 19, 2013 11:32 AM

IIRC the lasttime I did a RMA the address was in the email from them.

Been awhile but here is what I had, I would recomend getting a actual responce though from them myself before sending.

UPS SCS Canada
Seagate Technology
C/O UPS SCS
1022 Champlain Ave
Building 1
Burlington
Ontario, L7L 0C2
Canada

KaptCrunch March 19, 2013 11:59 AM

NEED TO CALL THEM 1.800.732.4283 or web chat

Lpfan4ever March 19, 2013 12:53 PM

Finally found it. Thanks for the help guys.

UPS SCS Canada
Seagate Technology
C/O UPS SCS
4150 Mainway
Building 1
Burlington
Ontario, L7L 0A6
Canada

Perineum March 19, 2013 08:19 PM

With your advanced RMA didn't they include a shipping label back to them?

Lpfan4ever March 19, 2013 08:22 PM

Nope, it was just them sending me the drive first. It's cheaper for me to ship it to Burlington with Canada Post than their advanced option with the prepaid label.

Generic User #2 March 19, 2013 08:55 PM

off topic, but semi related because I need to replace my seagate drive through warranty too.

you have to pay when you get prepaid postage?

Lpfan4ever March 19, 2013 09:40 PM

There's three options with Seagate:

- Normal RMA, you ship first then thy send you your replacement.
- They put a small hold on your credit card and send you the drive first, then you send the drive back at your own cost. I find this to be the best option as you get to reuse the packaging for the RMA drive.
- They ship first and include a prepaid shipping label. However, this costs you $10.

For me being so close to Burlington, the $10 is more than it costs me to ship the drive. From BC or something, probably worth it to do the $10.

Perineum March 19, 2013 11:02 PM

yeah, the third option has always been the best for me

Generic User #2 March 20, 2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever (Post 697561)
There's three options with Seagate:

- Normal RMA, you ship first then thy send you your replacement.
- They put a small hold on your credit card and send you the drive first, then you send the drive back at your own cost. I find this to be the best option as you get to reuse the packaging for the RMA drive.
- They ship first and include a prepaid shipping label. However, this costs you $10.

For me being so close to Burlington, the $10 is more than it costs me to ship the drive. From BC or something, probably worth it to do the $10.

ah. thanks for the headsup!