Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4, 2013, 06:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

My drive went to Markham. What I didnt like was the 15 days to have it received after the RMA # was issued. I did an RMA the same day for a WD drive and no requirement like that. Hence why I had to pay 8$ and change for my RMA. If they didnt need the stupid giant box (you could have easily put 40+ drives in the box I had used to make sure to meet the 2" requirement) or it be there in a snap, this would hve cost me maybe 3 or 4 dollars.
Old March 5, 2013, 03:52 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
My drive went to Markham. What I didnt like was the 15 days to have it received after the RMA # was issued. I did an RMA the same day for a WD drive and no requirement like that. Hence why I had to pay 8$ and change for my RMA. If they didnt need the stupid giant box (you could have easily put 40+ drives in the box I had used to make sure to meet the 2" requirement) or it be there in a snap, this would hve cost me maybe 3 or 4 dollars.
Mine is going to Marham as well. You shipped your's in a box ?? I don't think I'm going to go to that extreme. One of those yellow envelopes with bubble wrap will be good enough I think.
Old March 5, 2013, 04:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilly View Post
Mine is going to Marham as well. You shipped your's in a box ?? I don't think I'm going to go to that extreme. One of those yellow envelopes with bubble wrap will be good enough I think.

Be EXTRA careful carelessly packing RMA's. They can deny you for that very easily.
Old March 5, 2013, 05:48 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Good to see they still have it open then.

When I shipped mine it was just in a bubble envelope as well. I put the drive in an anti-static bag and one of those bubble wrap bags (pink ones NCIX uses) as well. That was quite a few months ago though, but I had the drive back the same week.
Old March 5, 2013, 08:01 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Pretty good chance they will refuse it. Ive had RMA's denied for putting them in a yellow envelope. They really are a stickler for the 2" padding rule. They also require it to be a solid object for it to be shipped. Although if they accept yours like that Ill def make a stink about it in the future.
Old March 5, 2013, 08:47 AM
MVP

Wow. Never had that trouble with mine. I just wrapped it in paper and sent it on its way.