Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2012, 02:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Question Matte Black mSATA

Anyone know of an mSATA drive with a matte black PCB? I know I'm being picky, but green just doesn't fit...
Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant.
Old December 12, 2012, 06:25 PM

Good luck. Most mSATA devices are used in embedded systems or buried in the guts of a laptop where they'll never be seen so the standard green is likely to be the predominant colour (though I recall seeing a blue PCB on one device).
Obsolescence is just a lack of imagination.
Old December 13, 2012, 11:16 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Kingston has blue
System Builders | SSDNow | Kingston

Playing around doing searching I came across this site. I haven't nor am I going to do the research, but they apparently have black PCB mSATAs

Kingspec SSD - KingSpec SSD SATA

Now if someone else knows of the company they might be able to better help.
Need caffeine!