Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 21, 2013, 05:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

What? Not that it matters.. but what I am saying is.. Is there a WD black that is ~ the same performance as the 4TB model reviewed but in 2- 3 TB?

Or do I have to go 4TB to get this performance and the reduced noise?

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old July 21, 2013, 06:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

StableTrac - The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking during read and write operationswhich enables consistently higher performance. (4 TB and 2 TB models only)
Desktop Black drives are not recommended for use in RAID environments, please consider using WD Red hard drives for home and small office 1-5 bay NAS systems and WD Enterprise hard drives for rackmount and >5 bay NAS systems.