Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27, 2012, 11:15 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default OCZ Vector 256GB SSD Review Comment Thread

The past few months have been quite trying for OCZ. Everything from missed financial targets to rumors of layoffs and class action suits have filled the internet with “news” of their impending doom. Nonetheless, OCZ has still been trucking along and the development of new products has been progressing at a brisk pace. This brings us to the subject of today’s review: the all new Vector SSD series.

Read more here: OCZ Vector 256GB SSD Review

Last edited by SKYMTL; November 27, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old November 27, 2012, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

did I misread or do my eye's deceive me but is that msata/micro pci on the inside of the Vector case? or what is that plug on the right side in the photos?
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old November 27, 2012, 11:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sata data/power have 7 and 15 golden fingers respectively, while the plugs on the right side sport 8/18 respectively.

Mayhap it is a plug for potential Enterprise server RAID use?

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old November 27, 2012, 12:23 PM
Banned

Looks n sounds great ... now only question is ... IS OCZ going to be around for the next 5 years to warrenty it? Otherwise I must say this jumps up there with interest in my looking to step up in size of ssd as a almost "must buy".
Old November 27, 2012, 01:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

found a few errors....

Quote:
Most controllers don’t typically enough processor cycles to go around and designs usually conduct.....
Quote:
Much like the Everest 2 controller before it, the Barefoot 3 controller makes use of NDuarnce technology.
However, the drive looks good enough that I would give it a chance.... I haven't been burned by OCZ's SSDs... yet.
Old November 27, 2012, 01:22 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
The past few months have quite trying for OCZ. Everything from missed financial targets to rumors of layoffs and class action suits have filled the internet with “news” of their impending doom. Nonetheless, OCZ has still been trucking along and the development of new products has been progressing at a brisk pace. This brings us to the subject of today’s review: the all new Vector SSD series.

Read more here: OCZ Vector 256GB SSD Review
There is a grammar problem in the very first sentence, which you quoted. "The past few months have BEEN quite trying for OCZ."

More:

Quote:
This has left OCZ LOOKING (not looks) somewhat flat-footed...
Quote:
this new controller has been designed with a high factor OF reliability,...
Quote:
Though with starting (get rid of the duplicated word "starting") prices starting as low as $149.99 (dollar sign is missing)...
Quote:
OCZ's list included accessories is actually quite impressive
I'm assuming the word "OF" is missing after the word "list".

Quote:
but its inclusion in the standard version alongside a 5 year warranty certainly speaks volumes to OCZ renewed commitment...
OCZ should be possessive and the sentence structure overall is awkward.

This is just on the first page so there must be much more but I don't have the time right now to go through it all.

Last edited by BeaverBender; November 27, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old November 27, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Careful, AKG is a right winger who seems to have a penchant for guns and explosives...lest you call him out too much. (J/K)

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old November 27, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hehehe well it's just trivial mistakes.....
Old November 27, 2012, 05:43 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

LOL. Its all good guys. Please keep them coming. Skymtl - who edits the reviews - works miracles...but miracles can only get you so far when dealing with 'me'. :)~

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 27, 2012, 09:23 PM
Allstar

Sad to see they didn't feel that everyday users needed encryption and so didn't bother enabling it. A large portion of SSD's are installed in laptops/notebooks and so very much need encryption. Even desktop or home computers can benefit from same in the event of a BE/theft. Shortsighted IMHO.

<irony><sarcasm>Of course enabling encryption impacts performance and one must bow before the almighty god of benchmarks ahead of usefulness.</sarcasm><irony>