Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 13, 2012, 04:48 PM
Allstar

Somehow I'm not surprised or upset by this news. My own experience with their RMA department was enough to convince me of their half-ass-ness. Sure their SSD get top marks in benchmarks but their after-sales service is not that good. It's like buying a Ferrari, sure it's fast and awesome until it burst into flames or breaks and then after you get the car back it isn't fixed right or breaks right the way.
Old October 13, 2012, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I too was disappointed with there RMA service. I eventually chucked my DOA gold ram sticks in the recycle and said: "to heck with it" as their tech support continued to ignore my emails. Its unfortunate to see a company fall, as I'm sure there will be people out of work, but it is still survival of the fittest out there. When you mis-manage a company and times get tough you pay the price.
Old October 13, 2012, 07:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I RMA'd a Vertex 60GB just a couple weeks ago and it was nothing short of stellar service. They replied to my request the following day and once I finally got around to shipping it out, I had the replacement the day after they received it. Couldn't ask for better.

It will be rather problematic if they do disappear though. OCZ typically seems to be the ones with the lowest prices which is obviously what's hurting them. However, without them, I'd imagine SSD prices would be higher than what they are today.
Old October 13, 2012, 08:00 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

My rma experience with them was great as well. Got the replacement the same week I put it in the mail.

Concern would be I guess is that a quick rma is no good if the company does not exist.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 13, 2012, 09:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I as well have had great service with Ocz they even emailed me to confirm when one of my sata 2 vortex drives died they asked if it was in raid and made me send the bad and good Ocz drives back ,three days later after I emailed them tracking they sent me tracking for 2 sata 3 drives and upgraded me from 64gb drives to 120.

they have been great to me for years never had a single ram rma and I used to only buy their ram.
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old October 14, 2012, 08:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How did this thread turn into their RMA experience...?
Old October 14, 2012, 08:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Warranties and past RMA experiences are meaningless if they go bankrupt. Who cares how your experience went. Tell me how it goes once they are insolvent.

Looks like reselling/buying these drives on the used market just became a game of Russian Roulette.
Old October 14, 2012, 09:49 AM
Allstar

Unfortunate as they had some nice products, especially ahd they stuck to the areas they were strongest in. Perhaps the saddest part is that they'll take PC Power&Cooling with them as those were some of the best PSU's on the market.
Old October 14, 2012, 09:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
How did this thread turn into their RMA experience...?
Because people were complaining how their RMA's sucked?

I never found OCZ to be a "bad" company by any means, so it'll be a shame if they go bankrupt.
Old October 14, 2012, 10:13 AM
Banned

I think would be a BIG disaster for the pc industry if they go under ... NEVER have I EVER had a bad experience with there rma or support staff (ocz steve rocks) ... NOR with anything but a old 450 modstream dyin on me ..

Hopefully there new appointed guy puts the company back on track & if you ask me they should simply stick to powersupply/ssd business.