Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Storage (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/storage/)
-   -   Intel RST: No Accelerate Tab on ASUS UX32A (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/storage/57128-intel-rst-no-accelerate-tab-asus-ux32a.html)

geokilla October 7, 2012 11:47 AM

Intel RST: No Accelerate Tab on ASUS UX32A

So I did a clean install of Windows on my sister's ASUS UX32A and I can't get SSD caching to work. I've installed the Intel RST drivers but the Accelerate tab does not show up. I've checked the BIOS to see if I can switch it to RAID mode and I can't, only IDE and AHCI. I've Googled and went as far as to change a registry key, but no luck. Does anyone know how I can get this working?

enaberif October 7, 2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geokilla (Post 660430)
So I did a clean install of Windows on my sister's ASUS UX32A and I can't get SSD caching to work. I've installed the Intel RST drivers but the Accelerate tab does not show up. I've checked the BIOS to see if I can switch it to RAID mode and I can't, only IDE and AHCI. I've Googled and went as far as to change a registry key, but no luck. Does anyone know how I can get this working?

Its not meant to be in RAID it needs AHCI

Perineum October 7, 2012 03:56 PM

RAID also works. My SSD is caching for my RAID 5

botat29 October 7, 2012 06:41 PM

Your UX32A come with a HM76 , it don't support Intel RST

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 660435)
Its not meant to be in RAID it needs AHCI

Intel RST need the Bios setup in Raid not in AHCI

geokilla October 7, 2012 10:16 PM

Then how did they get it to work in factory, out of the box settings? Because out of the box, it was way faster than it is right now.

The only solution I have left is to do a Windows 7 install on the 24GB SSD... Which is near impossible to do. I can't restore to factory settings because the recovery partition is gone.

botat29 October 8, 2012 06:27 AM

The HM76 chipset don't support raid and you need raid support for RST. as for why it was faster before , well many thing can't cause it but RST was not install on this laptop

Perineum October 8, 2012 11:20 AM

Are you thinking of Intel Rapid Start?

botat29 October 8, 2012 01:13 PM

Me and geokilla are talking about Intel Rapid Storage technology ( caching ) Intel mess up peoples with 2 name with same initials

Perineum October 8, 2012 03:00 PM

the only thing that I can find out about that laptop is that it uses Intel's rapid start, which speeds up the process that computers come out of hibernation or sleep.

I'm wondering if he isn't getting the two confused.

geokilla October 8, 2012 05:18 PM

I'm talking about Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It must have been working out of the box or something because boot up times from when the computer was turned off were faster than after I did clean install. Rapid Start is useless considering we don't hibernate the laptop, and boot up from sleep is near instantaneous with the HDD.