Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Storage (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/storage/)
-   -   SLOW transfer rate and an error on 1 TB green (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/storage/56761-slow-transfer-rate-error-1-tb-green.html)

Your_friendly_gamer September 16, 2012 11:13 PM

SLOW transfer rate and an error on 1 TB green

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I just traded some ram for this 1 TB green drive. I had backed up all my data over to an external drive and wanted to put this green drive in another build but wanted to test it. Anyways, it took over 6 hours to transfer about 190gb of data from my external to the green drive. I have owned a couple of green drives before but it never took this long. Anyways I downloaded WD software to find out issues and getting this particular error message, what exactly does it mean? I am not very good with hard drives to be frank and wanted to find out if this can be fixed? I had formatted the drive before using it. Any feedback would be great.

Dzzope September 17, 2012 12:48 AM

Re-partition and try again.

frontier204 September 17, 2012 05:27 AM

If Reallocated Sector count fails in the SMART stats you can (and should) RMA the drive. As with most of the "PRE-FAIL" S.M.A.R.T. attributes, the failure means your drive is expected to be completely dead in 24 hours.

LarkStarr September 17, 2012 08:52 AM

118 remapped sectors? Time to RMA dat drive. Hope you got the appropriate paperwork to do so.

Your_friendly_gamer September 17, 2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frontier204 (Post 656023)
If Reallocated Sector count fails in the SMART stats you can (and should) RMA the drive. As with most of the "PRE-FAIL" S.M.A.R.T. attributes, the failure means your drive is expected to be completely dead in 24 hours.

Yea thats what I figured, I have contacted the member here whom I traded the ram with to see what can be done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarkStarr (Post 656059)
118 remapped sectors? Time to RMA dat drive. Hope you got the appropriate paperwork to do so.

Yea eh, do you require a receipt for rma purposes with WD? I have contacted the trader to see if he would be willing to pay for shipping. Thanks

AkG September 17, 2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer (Post 656090)
Yea thats what I figured, I have contacted the member here whom I traded the ram with to see what can be done.

Yea eh, do you require a receipt for rma purposes with WD? I have contacted the trader to see if he would be willing to pay for shipping. Thanks

First thing I would do...is check to make sure it is in warranty and hasnt been registered. If it hasnt...reg that mofo in your name, phone em up and start the RMA process. You probably (never been asked for one that was showing as in warranty) will only need a receipt IF its showing as OOW (as it goes by date of mfg...and receipt will reset the warranty to date of SALE)

WD Support / Warranty Services / Warranty Services for End User Customers