Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28, 2012, 10:01 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD Review Comment Thread

Corsair's Force GS 240GB may be one of the best SSDs we've reviewed over the past year. While it may use a slightly older SF2281 controller, the use advanced NAND allows for killer performance at an unbelievably low price. This drive really does have it all.

Read more here: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD Review
Old August 28, 2012, 10:29 PM
Allstar

Do any of the writers here have time to do a dedicated article on types of NAND? I imagine it wouldn't be a 'promotional/showcae' article, but strictly informational

...unless there already is an article about this...
Old August 29, 2012, 06:02 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

We'll certainly look into it!
Old August 29, 2012, 08:22 AM
Trial Member

Question Corsair naming now in reverse?

I really like Corsair's products. I have their HX 850 PSU, several of their Survivor flash drives, and last year I bought the Force GT 120 GB; however, why are they naming the new red ssd with a lower class name than my red GT? Why didn't they just call it GS-R, GT-R or GTv2? Does this bother anyone else?
Old August 29, 2012, 08:41 AM
Allstar

I would vote for GT-R for completely non automotive reasons....
Old August 29, 2012, 09:57 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Nice to see some improvement in the Force product-line. Any word on getting to review Corsair's Neutron GTX line of SSDs, or is it too new/early?
Old August 29, 2012, 10:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyMellon View Post
Nice to see some improvement in the Force product-line. Any word on getting to review Corsair's Neutron GTX line of SSDs, or is it too new/early?
I was also going to ask this as I was thinking that the Neutron was their new ultra high end one. And I also find the naming on this one kind of funny. I mean I took one look at Mem Express and saw that the Force GT is $20 more than the GS. Add the cost to the name and I see people wanting to grab that GT over the GS. So really that is kind of a bad move on their part but I still like the drive.

I'd love to get one but I don't think I will be getting a new ssd until the cost of the 480/512's come down more.

Old August 29, 2012, 01:55 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

looks like they have hit the ceiling on sata 6gbps drives...

bring on sata 12gbps already
Old August 30, 2012, 03:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
I was also going to ask this as I was thinking that the Neutron was their new ultra high end one. And I also find the naming on this one kind of funny. I mean I took one look at Mem Express and saw that the Force GT is $20 more than the GS. Add the cost to the name and I see people wanting to grab that GT over the GS. So really that is kind of a bad move on their part but I still like the drive.

I'd love to get one but I don't think I will be getting a new ssd until the cost of the 480/512's come down more.
Was thinking the same, but then I saw that the GS drives come in 360GB (Newegg.ca - Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F360GBGS-BK 2.5" 360GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)) on Newegg, for $309, so will see how quickly my main drive will fill-up.
Old August 30, 2012, 04:39 PM

My System Specs

I don't suppose you guys are planning on reviewing the Plextor M5P anytime soon?