Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 18, 2012, 08:35 PM
Rookie

Default SSD deleting boot sector

Hello friends,

I recently bought a Sandisk 128GB SSD.. The sad thing is ive installed windows 7 on it 5-6 times in 4 days.
I put a fresh copy of Windows 7 on everything runs fine. Then sometimes on a reboot it just decides to hang out by itself on a black screen. Bios continues to recognize the drive. No virus detected, Registry good and clean. I don't know what else to do. Can anyone help me ?

Thanks !
Old August 18, 2012, 08:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whendex View Post
Hello friends,

I recently bought a Sandisk 128GB SSD.. The sad thing is ive installed windows 7 on it 5-6 times in 4 days.
I put a fresh copy of Windows 7 on everything runs fine. Then sometimes on a reboot it just decides to hang out by itself on a black screen. Bios continues to recognize the drive. No virus detected, Registry good and clean. I don't know what else to do. Can anyone help me ?

Thanks !
Zero the drive and start fresh. Sounds like a major issue with that drive.
Old August 19, 2012, 06:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I had it happen with an OCZ petrol. One minute windows then turn it on again and no bot sector. Pulled the drive and it had deleted the partition. Returned it and got an M4.
Old August 19, 2012, 03:26 PM
Rookie

I think I figured out the trouble.. I had another HDD hooked up while installing the OS.
somehow they both were trying to use the same Partition to boot.

Simply unhooked everything on the SATA channels then installed to the SSD.
So far, So good.

I'll keep you posted and thanks for the input