Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 22, 2012, 02:13 AM
Rookie

sorry, wasn't trying to be biased but it was a personal opinion posted in my own private time based on my own past purchasing experience. I even recommended both Intel and Samsung drives and yes, I also work for Kingston but keep an open mind on the performance of the drives.

I apologize if my own personal opinion seemed too pro Intel, Samunsg or Kingston but these are good drives according to me and I only wanted to contribute to the forum, not start a flame war.
Old July 22, 2012, 05:17 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I have only used OCZ SSD's, and have NEVER had any issue, also used the infamous OCZ ModXStream pro 700 watt PSU that supposedly never lasted more then a year(lasted me over 4 years, still going strong in another PC) I think everyone gets certain problems with certain combinations, I have yet to have a single issue with OCZ as of yet, and noone beats their value. My next drive will be a vertex 4.
Old July 22, 2012, 05:36 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3m0n5 View Post
sorry, wasn't trying to be biased but it was a personal opinion posted in my own private time based on my own past purchasing experience. I even recommended both Intel and Samsung drives and yes, I also work for Kingston but keep an open mind on the performance of the drives.

I apologize if my own personal opinion seemed too pro Intel, Samunsg or Kingston but these are good drives according to me and I only wanted to contribute to the forum, not start a flame war.
Recommend whoever you like, I know I do it on a nearly daily basis. Look, we all have our "go to drives" that we recommend to first time users (my list is very similar to yours). Be Pro whoever you want. We all have our favorites.

BUT - and you should know this as you are a professional in the industry - you NEVER and I mean NEVER slag another company in a public forum. You dont like Intel. No problem. I have nothing against that. I would never have called you on it. It didnt cross the line into libel. I was mainly calling you on saying "OCZ=garbage" and "OCZ still sucks and I highly recommend Kingston HyperX, Intel or Samsung, in other words, quality drives."

Do your realize how bad that looks when a company As representative does that? And yes you made yourself your companies "face" the moment YOU brought that into the conversation...."we" never would have. There are plenty of peeps here who work in the industry. Most you never would know that they do as they dont bring it up. We respect that. They dont want to be a rep for their company on ANY public forum and never speak ill of other companies PUBLICLY so its all good as far as I am concerned. Seriously, doing what you did is how lawsuits happen mate.

Feel free to speak your mind. But there is a big difference between saying Brand X drives are garbage and saying "Bran X drives are a less than optimal choice, why not try Brand Z". One way is polite the other is not.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; July 22, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old July 22, 2012, 08:40 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
I have only used OCZ SSD's, and have NEVER had any issue, also used the infamous OCZ ModXStream pro 700 watt PSU that supposedly never lasted more then a year(lasted me over 4 years, still going strong in another PC) I think everyone gets certain problems with certain combinations, I have yet to have a single issue with OCZ as of yet, and noone beats their value. My next drive will be a vertex 4.
used 3 OCZ drives*...they work beautifully.

* 256gb v4, 120gb v3, 60gb agility 3
Old July 22, 2012, 08:47 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I picked up the Vertex 4 and I love it. It's an amazing drive.
Old July 22, 2012, 09:23 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

OCZ has put themselves in this position. They may have some very products, but the taste they left in peoples mouths with the switch to lower spec chips without disclosure was a big disaster. That and the infamous forum shaping they do.

I personally love the Intel 520 drives, but I have also used Corsair and would highly recommend them as well. I really liked the OCZ revodrives. I am one user who never had aproblem with them.
Old July 23, 2012, 09:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Btw can we see some benches plz :)
Naw, check out the Review Section, I cannot be bothered running my SSD's through hours of Benchmarks just to to come to realization how fast my Boot times are, I went through that phase 3 yrs ago when I was buying SSD's left right and center.
The Intels and Vertex SSD's have proven themselves over n over again, not one fault with around 8 past SSD's, speaks volumes in my books.

Thanks guys for the input....still havet pulled the trigger

Old July 23, 2012, 12:58 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Intel>OCZ

Old July 24, 2012, 11:45 AM
Allstar

thats obvious,

what's also obvious is that: intel prices > ocz prices