Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4, 2012, 09:51 AM
Rookie

Default Can I backup my desktop to my laptop?

I have a desktop where my main files are located and a laptop which I do not use a lot.

Is there any easy way I can backup/image my desktop to my laptop. I would like to have a copy on my laptop in case my desktop fails. Could I use Macrium Reflect or a similar program to do this?

I am not very familiar with networks.
Old April 4, 2012, 10:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

depending on a few things like how much HD space you have on your laptop and if you can find software that can make a img then save via network onto your laptop then I see no real problems. I use easus and I have it scheduled to save on Sundays 3am , it makes a backup img at that time and saves it on my other PC but I have never tried to load an img from my other PC so I am not really that sure if it would work.