Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Crucial M4 128GB vs OCZ Agility 3 120GB

Which is better in terms of performance and reliability? Taking a brief look at review conclusions and discussions, it seems that the two are about equal. However, these reviews are getting outdated in the technology world. Crucial definitely seems to win from the reliability point of view because it's using the Micron controller. Add that and the cheap price after price matching Future Shop with Tiger Direct, I'm saying Crucial is the drive to get. But then the Agility 3 uses the SF-2281 controller which is known for its speed. I have a friend who's running the Agility 3 and he has no problems with his SSD. It's been close to half a year now, if not longer.

I just bought the Crucial M4 and I'm waiting for it to ship. I won't be using it till late March or early April, so this is considered an impulse and "useless" buy for me.
Old March 4, 2012, 07:19 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Crucial M4...its not even close. ONFi 1 NAND needs to be discarded asap...just as it was supposed to be back when it was first proposed as a "bridge" standard until a "real" one could be implemented. There is a few exceptions to my personal bias...but M4 all the way mate. You will not regret it.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr