Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default bluray drive just stopped working.

i moved my pc yesterday and now my bluray drive does not work. it does nothing, i tried different cables and everything, it is a LG bh10ls30. anyone got any ideas, im phoning them after i eat lunch.
Old February 15, 2012, 12:42 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have a similar model that was emitting on buzzing noise (headache-giving noise) even at idle. I RMA it and since then no problem. Call them, they don't ask any question, just ship it to them and get a new one back.

I also heard that some mobo were ignoring the drives out of nowhere. Check with your mobo manufacturer too, maybe a firmware/bios/whatever upgrade.

Gameplay > Graphics ... oh wait

Food > Gameplay > Graphics > Movies > Sleep > Work
Old February 15, 2012, 02:27 PM
Allstar

Since it's LG it doesn't surprise me. I had 2 LG DVD drives that crap out on me in similar fashion.

@Mayoo: did you call to initial a RMA or used their Internet form? I tried looking for it online but their web is crap.
Old February 15, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i called and they don't fix there drives, and being that my warranty is over i have to by a new drive............................ makes me mad.
Old February 15, 2012, 08:08 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Seems strange was the computer on and you moved it to do some cleaning or was it off an you moved it to another room? Does the drive get any power at all that you can tell? If you do just decide to replace it go LiteOn they seem to be pretty decent BD drives Had mine for a year and a half now and moved 3 times still no issues with it.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.