Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2012, 06:10 AM
Rookie

Unhappy Problem with my hard disk.. please help me..

Hi Good Evening. can somebody please help me about my hard drive i've got a 1tb seagate barracuda 7200.12 cc46. one day after dusting off my hardware's, when i power up my desktop my hard disk seems to be lagging and spinning always with some noisy irritable sound that i've heard before but minimally. i've tried reconnecting it to other sata cables and sockets but it seems the problem won't stop. i also tried diagnostic tools like the seatools for windows in which i tried all the tests and it passed.. i tried defragmenting it with smart defrag in which i choose a fully optimization option but still the problems still there. rarely it become silent and i can play my games/movies/music without any lag. please help me.. i'm in a dilemma right now.. thanks guys
Old February 13, 2012, 06:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

Backup your data as disk failure could become imminent.

Download Hirens 14.0 cd and use a program on it called HDat2 I find sometimes it can find errors that other software cannot.

And please don't make double posts.
Old February 13, 2012, 06:22 AM
Rookie

thanks and sorry for the double posts. i'll try it now