Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30, 2011, 03:39 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Seagate Momentus XT? Or, SSD?

Well, I've been looking for a new hard drive as of lately and I'm really turned off by the prices. Because of the horrible floods.

Just curious if anyone has used one of these hybrid drives before? It seems to get really nice reviews! I don't know if I can justify the price of paying such a high premium for about 120gbs. I'm stuck between this Corsair Force Series 3 and the Seagate Momentus XT.

I wanna be able to run the OS and a couple games/programs on either or..

Can anyone give meh advice please? I'd appreciate any input.
Old December 30, 2011, 03:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

SSD, i doubt you'd notice any difference between a momentus XT and an HDD in real world scenarios.
Old December 30, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have many of both and the xt's are only good for laptops where you need faster then an hdd but also need lots of room unlike ssd's
Old December 30, 2011, 06:16 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I see, so then SSD it is! I might try SRT. Or, one of the OCZ Synapse ssd cache thingies when Linus does a video about them. Thanks!

Oh btw, Gingerbee if it's not too much to ask.. I've been looking at a 650d Corsair case. Do you mind saying your GPU temps? Bc I kinda want one but I've heard bad things about the air-flow for the GPUs which turns me off.