Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 29, 2011, 09:27 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default SSD deal - ends today

Hi everyone.

Having only a 120Gb SSD (Intel 510) in my new computer, I quickly ran out of space ... this is not the first time I say that here lol.

My last attempt was to get a WD Caviar Black 500Gb, but flooding occured and the drive is just either not available or too expensive for what it is.

Now I just saw this : NCIX.com - Buy OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 2.5IN SATA3 6Gbps Sandforce SF-2281 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD - OCZ Technology - VTX3-25SAT3-120G - in Canada

Knowing that the only game I intend to add is D3, SC2 expansions and maybe, MAYBE BF3 one day. Do you think I should jump on this deal or wait until I BADLY need the space.

I would use the Intel for OS & one or two games, OCZ for Steam and upcomming games.

My current installed game are Steam (Portal 2, Sanctum, Crimecraft) Crysis 2, SC2 and Dungeon Siege 3 ... ok ok I unsintalled Dungeon Siege 3 a long time ago ... god this game sucks. I have about 15Gb remaining.

Thank you!
Old November 29, 2011, 09:31 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'd grab it, with only 15gb remaining you're pretty well considered full.

Personally I don't know how you do it! I have like 1tb of data i consider that would be "Valuable" as in i couldn't delete it. Music, Pictures, Home Movies, Documents ect.
Old November 29, 2011, 09:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Don't worry, I have a WD Green 1TB in my NAS too for that purpose. I just don't keep those things on my computers anymore. They were hard to find with 3 laptops, 2 computers, cell phones, PS3 and USB keys everywhere lol.