Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21, 2011, 06:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Embracing the Future: Testing a solid state drive. :D

Yes, I am aware that my 286 can never ever use this 2GB 133x card fully.. this was the smallest CF card I had.

Also, I cannot seem to manually set the CHS values. Types 41-47 are blank(orig HDD was 40) and I have not found a way to enter anything, nor is there a user or auto option.

I guess I need to get my hands on a newer BIOS or live with a *really* *really* small CF card..
Not that I would likely use much space running DOS with some games, it is just for epeen and I do not want to waste ~2000MB of a 2048MB device. :P >_>

(On a side note, I already put a CF card in my 486 but still have not settled on exactly what OS I want to run on it)(I also generally run a CF card in one or two old Macs.)
Old November 21, 2011, 07:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Nice, though knowing you this is exactly what I expected to see!