Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2011, 10:26 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Thanks for the comments guys, I was already leaning towards getting it anyway but more info never hurts
Old November 1, 2011, 11:14 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Owned a Vertex 2, used it for my OS and most of my programs. Being a Vertex 2, I've had to return it three times, which has forced me to switch back and forth on the same computer. The contrast between the disc drive and the SSD is a significant annoyance, enough that I'll prioritize an SSD over a more powerful CPU when budgeting for my next build. That said, I wouldn't bother with an SSD any larger than I'd need for programs.
Old November 2, 2011, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Price vs Performance isn't still there imho.

Most people who run SSDs will tell you that the difference isn't that noticeable.

Biggest difference I saw with a SSD was boot times but most other stuff was just like any other drive.
I have two SSDs on two different PCs one AMD and the other Inter motherboards and Like enaberif says the only noticeable difference is the boot times.