Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 17, 2011, 07:14 PM
Top Prospect

Default SandForce Identifies Firmware Bug Causing BSOD Issue, Fix Available Today

Quote:
After months of end user complaints, SandForce has finally duplicated, verified and provided a fix for the infamous BSOD/disconnect issue that affected SF-2200 based SSDs. The root cause is a bug in the firmware, although specifics are pretty slim. The typically sparse release notes just state a rare condition resulting in a blue screen error has now been addressed. OCZ has been testing the fix in-house for the past three weeks and now believes it is fit for public release. SandForce is simultaneously releasing the firmware to its partners, so if you have non-OCZ drives you should contact your drive manufacturer for an availability update.

The new firmware is version 2.15 for OCZ drives and 3.3.2 for drives that use SF's standard numbering system. It's important to note that the fix here is for the bug that SF discovered and may not solve all pending issues. Given the extremely long discovery and fix time for this issue I still believe the best policy towards SandForce drives is one of caution, at least until we start hearing from users as to whether or not this fix worked (and didn't create any new issues).
AnandTech - SandForce Identifies Firmware Bug Causing BSOD Issue, Fix Available Today

OCZ Firmware 2.15 is now live
General Discussion 2.15 is now live...use this thread for questions and all discussion..
Old October 18, 2011, 06:49 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hmm maybe I will take the leap and buy a sandforce for a second ssd
Old October 18, 2011, 05:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Holy crap -- after this long, I'm shocked they could find it.
Old October 18, 2011, 06:40 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I would still wait. And then wait some more.
Fold for team #54196