Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2011, 08:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I'd argue that it's even more important these days now that doubling up with SSD + HDD is becoming the norm for folks who can afford it.

Even comparing between the two drives displayed in this thread, there's a 10 - 15% difference in sequential read/writes.... considering the size of media libraries on current HDDs, a 10 - 15% difference in transfer times is (IMHO) huge!!!!!
I hadn't thought of it from this perspective. Transferring blu-ray rips and other such large media rips could be quickened by hours with a 15% reduction.

I guess mechanical storage speeds (and reviews) have been over shadowed by SSDs unfortunately, when mech hdds clearly still have a place in pcs.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about