Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 26, 2011, 09:45 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well according to the motherboard linked. His chipset is only a ICH10 Base which does not support RAID, if it was the ICH10R, then he would have RAID through the motherboard, which is not the case.
Old September 26, 2011, 09:46 AM
MVP

My System Specs

^ On page 88 of the manual it says I have ICH10R

Well I was planning on getting two new blacks as this current one has some errors I'm a little worried about, so I'm pretty safe with reformatting and such I'm just hoping I don't need a floppy drive. I think I'll go ask on the gigabyte forums to see if it's possible without a floppy drive, I'm not against buying one but I will probably always run XP and such. So I'll check there yeah, If anyone has an idea here feel free to post it. Still looking for help at the moment!
Old September 26, 2011, 12:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

but if you said will not boot from it so you don't have to worry for the drivers. You just build the matrix and supply the drivers from an HDD location after restart. If you want to make it bootable : for win 7 you can supply the drivers at the moment of install from a USB drive, for Win XP you need to create a custom installation disk, you need to use nLite software, in this way you can integrate the Intel raid drivers in the boot image and you don't need to complicate your life too much with the ancient floppy disk.
Old September 26, 2011, 08:06 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSTG View Post
but if you said will not boot from it so you don't have to worry for the drivers. You just build the matrix and supply the drivers from an HDD location after restart. If you want to make it bootable : for win 7 you can supply the drivers at the moment of install from a USB drive, for Win XP you need to create a custom installation disk, you need to use nLite software, in this way you can integrate the Intel raid drivers in the boot image and you don't need to complicate your life too much with the ancient floppy disk.
Ok so let me get this straight, I can grab the two raid driver files off the motherboard main disk, and make it bootable with nLite? How do I exactly do it on nLite, never heard or tried it before...Would tossing in the motherboard disk maybe work?...At the gigabyte forums they said I could more then likely use a flash drive for XP.
Old September 28, 2011, 01:48 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Well a update, I've ordered the two hard drives and the gigabyte forums said I could even just insert the giga cd to get the drivers off it. So yeah, wish me luck on my first raid configuration ever.